Erin Richards ... Barbara Kean
Robin Taylor ... Oswald Cobblepot
CCory Michael Smith ... Edward Nygma
Zabryna Guevara ... Captain Sarah Essen
Victoria Cartagena ... Renee Montoya
Drew Powell ... Butch Gilzean
Grayson McCouch ... Dr. Thomas Wayne
William Andrew Brewer ... Perpetrator

Before there was Batman, there was GOTHAM .

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), GOTHAM follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, JAMES GORDON (Ben McKenzie, “Southland,” “The O.C.”) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, BARBARA KEAN (Erin Richards, “Open Grave,” “Breaking In”), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend HARVEY BULLOCK (Donal Logue, “Sons of Anarchy,” “Terriers,” “Vikings,” “Copper”), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, BRUCE (David Mazouz, “Touch”), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss FISH MOONEY (Jada Pinkett Smith, “The Matrix” franchise, “HawthoRNe”), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged SELINA KYLE/the future CATWOMAN (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and OSWALD COBBLEPOT/THE PENGUIN (Robin Lord Taylor, “The Walking Dead”).

While the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain SARAH ESSEN (Zabryna Guevara, “Burn Notice”), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, ALFRED (Sean Pertwee, “Camelot,” “Elementary”). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

GOTHAM is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment and is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Executive producer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist”) wrote the pilot, which was directed and executive-produced by Emmy Award nominee Danny Cannon (the “CSI” franchise, “Nikita”). John Stephens will serve as an executive producer on the series.

Gotham airs on Fox Mondays this fall starting May 5th.

Open Casting Call for Fox's Gotham

The new Batman prequel tv show on Fox, will be holding a casting call on June 25th in New York City. Sounds cool eh??

The details..

FOX and Grant Wilfley Casting have announced today that an open casting call will be held next Wednesday, June 25, for background extras for the upcoming Batman-inspired series "Gotham." The auditions will take place at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 328 W 14th St, New York, NY 10014 at 10:30a-12p for SAG-AFTRA members and 1-5 p.m. for non-union with shooting to take place in New York City this July. Anyone interested in becoming a full fledged citizen of Gotham City should swing by and try out!

Source: Super Hero Hype

Academy Award nominee Carol Kane (Hester Street, Annie Hall) has joined the cast of FOX and Warner Bros. Television's upcoming Batman-inspired series, "Gotham". TV Line reports that she will appear in a recurring role as Gertrud, the mother of Robin Lord Taylor's Oswald Cobblepot, the future Penguin. Her first appearance will be in episode 2.

"Gotham" will air Mondays at 8/7c on Fox.

Source: TV Line via ComingSoon

Lots of Batman fans, but it's a show that won't have Batman in it!

I'll watch it, because...well, yeah. Because. And I've heard a few things from interviews that make me think it might be okay. But it's pretty hard to get especially excited about, given the natural limit on how Batman-y it can get.

Interesting concept. If they actually have a story to tell, and not just making a new series, then it may have a shot.

If theyre going to say young Batman was friends with young Penguin, and maybe they saw a performer one day that ends up becoming Joker, and then etc..... then its trite rehashed crap.

Originally Posted by Yoda
but it's a show that won't have Batman in it!
But the entire series relates to the origin of everything Batman. Plus Bruce Wayne becomes 'Batman' when he becomes Batman eventually. So even though The Batman isn't visually there.....Batman is in every other way.

Danny Cannon, director of the Gotham pilot:

I would never tell those wonderful fans, the best fans, that this was a Batman show. It's not. It's a Gotham show and that's why it's called "Gotham." The lead character is not Batman. The lead character is Gotham and in Gotham, many things happen, many villains are created. It's a corrupt, messed up, spiraling downwards, beautiful hodge-podge of every great city in the world. What we are creating is the environment where Batman is necessary. So this is not a Batman show.
I think we're all well aware of the fact that a show called "Gotham" relates to Batman. And some fans of the character might be excited about it for that reason alone. But it's definitely not a Batman show, and without the man himself, there's obviously going to be a hard ceiling on that excitement.

Lord High Filmquisitor
So I have to say that I was not disappointed with this show. The villains are absolutely perfect and Ben McKenzie is the poor man's Jeremy Renner as Gordan (seriously, such an awesome physical presence within the show. Even the kid that plays Bruce is every bit the actor that he neded to be. I can honestly say that this was the first time that I was ever happy to see The Penguin anywhere (he's just such a bland villain, especially for Batman).

The first episode suffered, for me, in two aspects. I felt that it really needed a 2-hour time-slot for as much as they were trying to get through: the character introductions seemed rushed, the pacing was a bit hectic and a lot of characters / scenes really seemed like they were falling just short of being fully fleshed out. It also suffered from my chief complaint from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in that it spent way too much time setting up future villains and plot points. In its 45 minute run-time, we get Cat Woman, Poison Ivy, The Penguin, The Ridder, Carmine Falcony and new-comer Fish Mooney, plus Gordan, Barbara, Montoya, Allen, Bullock, the Waynes and Alfred. Even then, I feel that the latter complain could be solved by the solution to the former (ie, doubling the pilot episode's run-time).

Still, it's turning out to be a great show and I can't wait to see where they decide to go with it.

So I have to say that I was not disappointed with this show. The villains are absolutely perfect and Ben McKenzie is the poor man's Jeremy Renner as Gordan (seriously, such an awesome physical presence within the show. Even the kid that plays Bruce is every bit the actor that he neded to be. I can honestly say that this was the first time that I was ever happy to see The Penguin anywhere (he's just such a bland villain, especially for Batman).

The first episode suffered, for me, in two aspects. I felt that it really needed a 2-hour time-slot for as much as they were trying to get through: the character introductions seemed rushed, the pacing was a bit hectic and a lot of characters / scenes really seemed like they were falling just short of being fully fleshed out. It also suffered from my chief complaint from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in that it spent way too much time setting up future villains and plot points. In its 45 minute run-time, we get Cat Woman, Poison Ivy, The Penguin, The Ridder, Carmine Falcony and new-comer Fish Mooney, plus Gordan, Barbara, Montoya, Allen, Bullock, the Waynes and Alfred. Even then, I feel that the latter complain could be solved by the solution to the former (ie, doubling the pilot episode's run-time).

Still, it's turning out to be a great show and I can't wait to see where they decide to go with it.

Very well said.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I liked it. Willing to give it more of my time.

My one complaint is that it was very wink-wink, nudge-nudge with the character introductions. We know who the penguin is, we don't need a bunch of characters saying it dozens of times.

My one complaint is that it was very wink-wink, nudge-nudge with the character introductions. We know who the penguin is, we don't need a bunch of characters saying it dozens of times.
The inside jokes are part of what makes this show fun, I don't mind them one bit.

He's not complaining about them existing, just the slightly clumsy way they're being done. And I'd agree; it could be a lot more elegant. And a lot more paced, too, given how long they've got to do all this, given that they can only use them in their incubated form, anyway.