Imperfect Actors/Actresses

Tools    

I always have respect for those who resist caving to the Hollywood standard.

All too often an interesting looking person will lose weight, get their teeth capped (chiclet teeth, I call them) and generally fall in line with Hollywood expectation which leads to many of them becoming interchangeable with one another.

I thought of this while watching Kim Novak present at the Oscars. I wish she'd have left her face alone.

Anyway, I love the snaggletooth smiles of Anna Paquin, Steve Buscemi and Kirsten Dunst. I hope they never 'fix' them. I liked the fact that Philip Seymour Hoffman was a bit on the hefty side and I hope Melissa McCarthy never calls Jenny (Craig).

Who are some your favorite imperfect actors?

Joaquin Phoenix, of course.

He could probably have something done about that scar, but he chooses not to. I like that.

And I like the scar. Minor imperfections like that can make men sexy.

but now you have my attention
Angelina Jolie went the other way from perfect to imperfect I respect her bravery....

He could probably have something done about that scar, but he chooses not to. I like that.

And I like the scar. Minor imperfections like that can make men sexy.
I agree with this Phoenix could easily be a Brad Pitt like Hollywood poster boy, but he chooses to not involve himself with that bs. If Phoenix had i wouldn't be surprised if he had got an oscar for The Master (which he deserved)or another film. .

I thought of this while watching Kim Novak present at the Oscars. I wish she'd have left her face alone
Yeah, it's a shame. Faye Dunaway and Jane Fonda are other examples.

I've just been watching her on the extras of Pulp Fiction — Amanda Plummer.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Michael Caine was told to posh up his lower class accent. He said Puck Off. Bless.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
One for the screen goddesses

Why are they imperfect? They're not, but Hollyweird is not kind to aging actresses.

Michael K. Williams - Understated actor, have never seen him chew scenery or scene steal (on purpose).

I haven't seen Jessica Lange in anything in a while, but I saw her somewhere a few years ago and she had those small/chinese eyes of someone who's undergone botox/facelift. Doesn't look so on the pic you posted though.

sarah jessica parker never done her nose or breasts...i like that

I think he's perfect. Look at him in the New York Times last weekend.

Lauren Hutton. If you remember she had that gap in her front teeth. Probably could have had it fixed easy. Never did. Good for her.

Lauren Hutton. If you remember she had that gap in her front teeth. Probably could have had it fixed easy. Never did. Good for her.
Her dentist made her an insert to slide between her front teeth as and if needed.

John Candy - overweight, and it helped kill him early...but the best on screen presence in the history of humankind.
Hyperbolic, much?