CD Tab

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
The Original Delta Blues - Son House

Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness - Coheed and Cambria

Whipped Cream and Other Delights Rewhipped - Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass

Don Quixote De Suburbia - Ethan Daniel Davidson

I'd never heard of the last one, but it was $1.99 and it looked strange enough to be interesting.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Flaming Lips "At War with the Mystics"

It's not a new Yoshimi or Bulletin but there's a few good pop songs and some interesting sounds.

Helt Off "I huset"

Some kind of swedish electronic root reggae. Anyway, it's brilliant.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Randomly visiting for now
Just picked up

"Once more with feeling: singles 1996-2004" - Placebo
"Amnesiac" and "The Bends" - Radiohead (i've been wanting these for ages!)
"Silent Alarm" - Bloc Party (such an awesome album!!! It's just full of great tracks)
"Wolfmother" - Wolfmother (Am thinking about buying tickets to their concert because they are not only great on CD but they are heralded by about 6 different rock magazines as the best live act to come out of Australia in the last 5 years or so, they've got a huge cult following, old style guitar solos, crazy moshpits and a classic arrogant attitude.....what am I waiting for?)

*woo 900 posts! *

Better Living Through Chemistry-Fatboy Slim
S&M-Metallica
The Score-The Fugees

Tool - Aenima
Tool - Schism
Tool - 10,000 days (twice)

Just ordered -

Medulla - Bjork (only 4.99) It's good for a giggle.
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam - I see them in August at The Point, Dublin, so I figure I should give them a listen.
Calexico - Garden Ruin - Iron and wine have sparked my interest in them a little.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
about a month ago i eBayed:

Billy Joel (3 albums) - The Stranger, 52nd Street, and Glass House
Jewel - Peices of You
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Pumpkin Soundtrack (gorgeous) John Ottoman

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers. Jack White's side project (in collaboration with Brendan Benson and The Greenhornes) while the White Stripes take a year off. Very fun guitar pop.

The Greenhornes - Sewed Soles. A ten year retrospective on the best rock and roll band you aren't listening to, but should be.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea

Really liked this. The Fiery Furnaces are very much a love 'em or hate 'em kinda band. They play extremely experimental, fun & catchy indie rock sort of stuff and I've dug pretty much everything they've done so far. They're only misstep, for me, was the absolutely horrible Rehearsing My Choir album that came out a few years back. Pure ****.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Plain White T's - Stop

You ready? You look ready.
All these were in the past two years.

Iced Earth - The Blessed and the Damned
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Lacuna Coil - Karmacode

They are in order of when I bought them.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters

I really really wish that music made back in 1981 was NOT still relevant. The entire cd is an angry rant on the reagan era, and it all still holds up, maybe more so now, just replace any Regan references with Bush.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I really really wish that music made back in 1981 was NOT still relevant. The entire cd is an angry rant on the reagan era, and it all still holds up, maybe more so now, just replace any Regan references with Bush.
All politicians are the same. The lyrics will always be usable.

I've bought too many cd's since my last post to list, but just tonight I picked up 3 Feet High and Rising - De La Soul. Kept seeing them mentioned along with tribe called quest, so thought I'd give a listen. So far not disappointed at all.

I've also picked up some early brian eno solo albums in the last month, all being excellent.

Right now I'm listening to exitheuxa - gogogo airheart. It took a few listens to get into but now it's a new favorite.

You can check a couple tracks out here. I strongly recommend 'when the flesh hits'.