Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Who's to say Joseph Gordon-Levitt won't be wearing the Batcape?
I couldn't see them doing it if they're trying to separate this film with the DK trilogy. Personally, I'd like to keep everything from that series closed shut.

But, if they were to say "hey, this is not the same character from The Dark Knight Rises, this is Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bruce Wayne," I'd be on board.

Personally, I'd love to see Gosling as Batman.

On the outside looking in.
I couldn't see them doing it if they're trying to separate this film with the DK trilogy. Personally, I'd like to keep everything from that series closed shut.

But, if they were to say "hey, this is not the same character from The Dark Knight Rises, this is Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bruce Wayne," I'd be on board.

Personally, I'd love to see Gosling as Batman.

I think Gosling would be a good fit for BATMAN. I'm out of step, though -- I don't see what's to be gained from team-ups and would rather see a new BATMAN movie than a BATMAN-MOS "spectacular."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Michael Fassbender would be a great choice IMO he is a great actor and I thought he was awesome as Magneto in First Class.

Im excited for this DC crossover movie, DC definatly needs to start with the crossover films and Justice League movie as Marvel a way out in front

Im still waiting to see Man of Steel

NOTE: Snyder has stated that they will be borrowing elements from The Dark Knight Returns for the movie, so I based my treatment heavily on that storyline.

Before I begin, I must mention that Bruce is 40-years-old in The Dark Knight Rises, which takes place in 2016. I was told that Man of Steel takes place in 2013 (unsure of Superman's age), but I believe they could easily retcon that date and move the film to 2023 (read on to find out why that is necessary.) Alright, so here it is: My treatment for MoS 2, merged with Nolan's universe. Let me know what you think.

After Superman's battle with Zod, Metropolis is not only in ruins, but starting to show signs of a slow but sure nuclear winter. Analysts predict the terraforming machine caused this, and concerns are rising as the entire U.S. is slowly enveloped by the apocalypse. Looters run amok, crime is rampant, and the U.S. is struggling to hold it's image in the international scene. Lex Luthor blames this on Superman, brainwashing Americans into hating Supes, creating riots whenever he is spotted. The government tells him to lie low because of this. Meanwhile, retired, 50-year-old Bruce Wayne watches the chaos unfold in front of him.

He is forced to don the cape once again, as Robin/Nightwing/Skinny Batman (Joseph-Gorden Levitt), has formed the Teen Titans, located in Somewherefarawayland (Titans movie!). Bruce begins to restore order to Gotham. However, this awakens the Joker from a catatonic state in Arkham, as he was ever since he entered. After convincing officials he is now sane, he is released, and begins an anonymous killing spree. Batman finally meets the Joker, and after being stabbed repeatedly, is forced to break his neck. Bruce does this so he does not kill the man, but the Joker snaps his own neck, framing Batman for murder. This puts all the deaths under Batman's name, making the general public also hate and fear him (Incredibles-esque, eh?). The U.S. tasks Superman to kill the Bat. This will Rocket Supes' popularity and make him a "hero". Seeing as Supes is the governments ally, restoring the glory to him is a win for them. However, Supes is conflicted because he vowed never to kill again, but at the same time, cannot let this madman continue his rampage. Oliver Queen (Green Arrow, Stephen Amell IRL), who is a friend of Bats, warns him of the U.S.'s plans.

Bruce already has a personal distaste of Superman. In his eyes, this alien destroyed Metropolis and committed murder. He's no good. So, when Supes tries to reason with Bats in Gotham, Bruce brings along an exosuit he had been developing for years, along with other gadgets and a strange pill, to give him equal footing when he attacks Superman (THIS IS THE CLIMAX OF THE MOVIE.) Although Supes is also weak from flying through the terraforming machine in MoS 1, he still manages to overtake Batman, but just before Arrow appears and shoots him with a kryptonite-tipped arrow. However, Batman immediately dies from a heart attack, due to the exertion from his suit. Superman uses this distraction to escape. Meanwhile, a very old Lucious Fox detonates a bomb that destroys Wayne Manor and the Batcave, which was planned by him and Bruce. It then becomes public knowledge that Bruce Wanye was Batman, however all of Wayne Enterprises cash has been withdrawn and its stocks sold.

Bruce's body is claimed by a "distant relative" (Oliver Queen), and a funeral takes place, in which Clark Kent shows up. You hear a faint heartbeat, showing Clark puzzled. He then looks over to Oliver, smiles, and nods. Oliver nods back. Later that knight (haha pun), Oliver is shown digging Bruce's coffin out of the ground, and helping Bruce to his feet. He had swallowed the pill he brought to the fight, which put him into a "death state". He and Oliver walk through the tunnels beyond the Batcave, where Superman is seen standing. Cut to a scene of Luthor making a deal (Superman has joined Batman and turned evil! we must stop him) with the President and the General from the first movie, and BAM, you're set for a Justice League movie.

He's got the look for me but I have no idea what he is like in the acting department.

If it's another slugfest like MAN OF STEEL it won't matter.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
From what I have read about this movie it is the sequel to MOS. It is NOT a team-up movie, they DON'T like each other. Granted that could all change and lead right into the Justice League movie that is coming in 2017. Who knows....

At least we'll get an awesome fight between the two. An unfair one, as always, but they still make it work, like in The Dark Knight Returns.
Yeah, remember Superman doesn't age so if they do cast Batman in the new movie it could be somebody older than anyone who's played him before. I vote for James Brolin, remember as soon as the actor is in the suit they can do what they like in terms of fight scenes, the actor is always more important than how he looks in the suit. Yes that's right, I'm looking at you Batman and Robin... FOR SHAME!

Yeah, remember Superman doesn't age so if they do cast Batman in the new movie it could be somebody older than anyone who's played him before. I vote for James Brolin, remember as soon as the actor is in the suit they can do what they like in terms of fight scenes, the actor is always more important than how he looks in the suit. Yes that's right, I'm looking at you Batman and Robin... FOR SHAME!
I hope the Batman nipples make a triumphant return from the Schumacher films. They just added so much to the suit.

Don't forget the obligatory close ups of butt cheeks and codpieces...

A battle of butt cheeks and codpieces...in IMAX, no less!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The difference is that Nolan's BATMAN trilogy was made with adults in mind, while the other flicks you mention cater to a more teenage audience. I would hate to see Bale's BATMAN "dumbed-down" for a BATMAN-MOS movie, and I suspect Bale wouldn't go for that, so a new BATMAN will be in order for any team-up.
I disagree, I think The Dark Knight, albeit an absolute masterpiece, was positioned in a very similar frame to Man of Steel. In-terms of cinematography and style, the only difference is that The Dark Knight worked, whereas Man of Steel admittedly struggled. At the same time, I think The Dark Knight also, as you said, "catered" as much to a teenage audience. It's not as if it had heavy drugs, prostitutes, and rape, after all. I don't believe that this means that it has to be "dumbed-down" either.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The difference is that Nolan's BATMAN trilogy was made with adults in mind, while the other flicks you mention cater to a more teenage audience. I would hate to see Bale's BATMAN "dumbed-down" for a BATMAN-MOS movie, and I suspect Bale wouldn't go for that, so a new BATMAN will be in order for any team-up.
I disagree, I think The Dark Knight, albeit an absolute masterpiece, was positioned in a very similar frame to Man of Steel. In-terms of cinematography and style, the only difference is that The Dark Knight worked, whereas Man of Steel admittedly struggled. At the same time, I think The Dark Knight also, as you said, "catered" as much to a teenage audience. It's not as if it had heavy drugs, prostitutes, and rape, after all. I don't believe that this means that it has to be "dumbed-down" either.

I disagree that THE DARK KNIGHT is an absolute masterpiece. BATMAN BEGINS? Yes. THE DARK KNIGHT? No.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I disagree that THE DARK KNIGHT is an absolute masterpiece. BATMAN BEGINS? Yes. THE DARK KNIGHT? No.
Honestly, I think Batman Begins is the worst of the trilogy by far, in-fact. Scarecrow was underdeveloped, Ra's Al Ghul wasn't anything spectacular, and while it might have been the strongest movie for the Batman character itself as well as for Christian Bale beneath the cape, I don't think that it had all of the credentials to match the other movies. There was a lot of times where I wasn't being entertained, and there was a lot of things that I think they could have done better. An above-average superhero flick, but beneath the Spider-Man movies, the first Iron Man, The Avengers and by-far beneath The Dark Knight and Rises, in my opinion.

Honestly, I think Batman Begins is the worst of the trilogy by far, in-fact. Scarecrow was underdeveloped, Ra's Al Ghul wasn't anything spectacular, and while it might have been the strongest movie for the Batman character itself as well as for Christian Bale beneath the cape, I don't think that it had all of the credentials to match the other movies. There was a lot of times where I wasn't being entertained, and there was a lot of things that I think they could have done better. An above-average superhero flick, but beneath the Spider-Man movies, the first Iron Man, The Avengers and by-far beneath The Dark Knight and Rises, in my opinion.

BATMAN BEGINS is as close to a perfect BATMAN movie as we'll get; there's not a wasted shot in it and all the performances are outstanding. THE DARK KNIGHT has Ledger's remarkable Joker, but the Two-Face b-story fails to come off, largely because the cgi used to create the character just isn't convincing, and Rachel stand-in Maggie Gyllenhaal brings little to her role as the love interest. Really, THE DARK KNIGHT feels like two movies stuck together, and once Ledger's Joker has been nullified we're left with about a half-hour still to go, and sadly that time is spent resolving the less-than-compelling Two-Face story. I've always thought THE DARK KNIGHT should have ended as a cliffhanger, just at the point where Joker is fleeing the hospital with the explosions igniting behind him...
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is a great follow-up, though; even if Tom Hardy's Bane can't match Ledger's Joker in intensity, Anne Hathaway's Catwoman and Caine's Alfred more than compensate.

Out of four:

BATMAN BEGINS: ****
THE DARK KNIGHT: ***1/4
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: ***1/2