Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 2

Tools    

Roger Rabbit 2 Is Being Written

Robert Zemeckis is about to jump out of the starting gate with his newest attempt to convince us all that performance capture is a technology that can open up new options in filmmaking and support an entire film on its own.

That , of course, is Disney’s A Christmas Carol (AKA The Jim Carrey Christmas Carol, since the actor plays Scrooge and the three ghosts), opening this Friday in “glorious” 3D. Zemeckis has been the non-James-Cameron proponent for motion capture technology with fare like The Polar Express and Beowulf slowly pushing us up the opposite side of the uncanny valley.

The question that comes and goes with each Zemeckis release remains the same: when is the director of Cast Away, Forest Gump and the Back To The Future Trilogy going to get back in the director’s chair of a live action movie.

The answer, it seems, is a mixed bag, but an AWESOME mixed bag, because the next Zemeckis project might just be the sequel to the Oscar-winning Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

From MTV:

MTV News has now exclusively learned that Zemeckis is not only pumped to bring the flustered cartoon bunny back to the big screen after 20 years, but that he has commissioned a script. And guess who’s writing it? Original scribes Jeffrey Price and Peter Seaman.

“There’s a script that’s being developed,” he revealed, adding, “We’ve got the original writers that are working on it now — Seaman and Price.”
In 1988, cell animation laid over live action was the motion capture of the day. In a very real way, it started Zemeckis’ obsession with the cutting edge of visual effects.

Robert has already teased Roger Rabbit 2 on several occasions, even if this is the first news we’re getting of a script. Zemeckis has previously said that there would be some motion capture 3D effects in the second Roger, but the 2D characters from the first film would remain 2D.

What’s more, he’s said he’s talking to Bob Hoskins.

Puh-puh-puh-puh-pleeeeze. Let’s get this movie goin.

Source: Filmonic

Great, now we'll get a creepy, dead-eyed, ultra-high resolution Roger.

...uh the post is up there...

hi guys, When will The Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 Movie be released on February 18th, 2022.

Here's the release date.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 is an upcoming live-action/2D/3D computer traditional animated fantasy-comedy film and a sequel to the first 1988 film of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It will be produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and Disneytoon Studios in association with Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, Walden Media, Zemeckis' ImageMovers, Kennedy's The Kennedy/Marshall Company, distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures under its Touchstone Pictures label. The film will be scheduled in Disney Digital 3D, Real D 3D and IMAX 3D. The film will be released on February 18, 2022.

That's not a reliable source, it's publicly editable. In fact I just found the same film on the same site and it says June 2021:

https://the-idea.fandom.com/wiki/Who...Roger_Rabbit_2

Here's another that says it came out three months ago:

https://ideas.fandom.com/wiki/Who_Fr...t_2_(2020_film)

Anything you find there is meaningless unless properly sourced.

As far as I can tell there are no confirmed/imminent plans to make this film. We already have a thread for development news and speculation, too, which you can find below, so I'll close this thread:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=21107

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'm tired of reboots as there have been too many lately. Plus because of Hollywood's attitudes today, they would animate Jessica Rabbit to not be voluptuous at all, because they have become too prudish. They would take away Baby Herman's smoking... All the good stuff will changed around.

I'm tired of reboots as there have been too many lately. Plus because of Hollywood's attitudes today, they would animate Jessica Rabbit to not be voluptuous at all, because they have become too prudish. They would take away Baby Herman's smoking... All the good stuff will changed around.

Ah the 80s and 90s.
When grown up movies were marketed to kids... and stuff like Aliens, RoboCop and Terminator 2 actually had toylines.

Is it really TRUE, that what MTV says they're really working on the Sequel of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I hope so!