Food...BAM!

Tools    

I like to cook and I'm pretty damn handy in the kitchen if I do say so myself (though Emeril has nothing to fear,... yet ).

So what can I make you? What's your favorite dish?

BTW: For New Years eve my menu is:
Proscuitto wrapped asparagus spears in a creamy parmesan sauce.
Steak (filets) smoked slowly over a wood (pecan and mesquite) fire
Rosemary and Sage potatoes cooked to golden brown
Salad with artichoke hearts and kalamata olives
Foccacia bread with sun dried tomatoes (baked in the wood fire)

and cheesecake drizzled with my special blueberry sauce.

the wine will flow freely along with the bock ale should you have a taste for such things...

I used to make a nice pot roast...and, of course, I made some nice speghetti. I don't cook often anymore, though; lots of frozen pizza products and fast food. Used to make some nice eggs, too; but I don't anymore. My favorite dish is probably lasagna. I love lasagna...ya hear me? Love it. As of right now, I can't think of anything else I'd rather have.

I have 3 lasagne's in my repertoire TWT. The first is what you would call a "regular" lasagne, I go a bit easy on the white sauce and lean more toward the red... with lots of fresh garlic and red wine..

I also make a spinach and smoked chicken lasagne that is white sauce only with lots of provolone and parmesan...

Lastly I have more of a twist on the other two... instead of the "heavy" lasagne noodle I use egg roll wrappers in between the layers... the flavor is the same but you end up with a lighter meal and a hint of "crunchiness" between the layers...

Oh I'm making myself hungry.

Yuck. No crunchiness, or veggies! All plain speghetti sauce...nothing fancy. I don't even like chunky tomato sauce, or wine, for the most part. Sorry, I like low-class lasagna. Not the microwaved stuff...but very simple and plain.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
mm, but unlike Chris, I LIKE to be spoiled by the gourmet! I like simplicity too and don't like TOO much fufu but indulgent as I am love erotic exotic food.

The proscuitto won't be too salty? i had some grilled asparagus last night, and grilled filet mignon flavored by a red balsamic vinegar based marinade ... home cooked with mushroom and asparagus risotto.

i like to cook but am too poor to get into all the fancy schmancy. i make a mean spaghetti and bruschetta, both from scratch. I also make lumpia, pansit, and this coming weekend we'll find out how good I am at making tiramisu (i am trying to find the perfect tiramisu ... don't like it too heavy).

i do have an extreme fondness for mushrooms ... particularly the portabello and the shitake.

that sounds like a great idea, egg roll wrappers in between! that crunch would be great though yeah, it is fufu. once you've done that it ain't italian no more.

I tend to be pretty liberal with my palate. I combine stuff that i like versus trying to remain in the confines of "italian", "chinese" etc...

experimentation is a lot of fun... you never know what you'll end up with and it may taste good too

i'm a baker not a cook- baked in a veggie cafe/bakery in colorado for seven years, so when we have the big MoFo pre-cruise dinner, i'll do the baking, and Toose can be head chef. i can follow a recipe ofcourse so i could cook.....but i don't care to cook for my lonesome, and like thmilin i'm broke so i can't afford to get special ingredients let alone the good cookware. my dad is an awesome cook......really amazing what he can throw together..........yumma yumma. Restaurant-wise i love Italian, Chinese, Thai, and Indian - vegetarian fare ofcourse.
i do make a great Jamaican Black Rice dish with peppers, peanuts and spicy peanut sauce. also i have a yummy cucumber, peanut, rice vinegar (cold) dish that rocks. and there's a shredded broccoli coleslaw dish with ramen noodles, sesame oil and sesame seeds, sugar, and slivered almonds.

Now With Moveable Parts
This thread is making me drool...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Why don't we turn this into a Food Tab on what we eat that qualifies as a big meal. Anyone think that's a good idea?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Female assassin extraordinaire.
there once was a time when his BAM and "kick it up a notch" seemed genuine and true. now it seems forced and he says both way too much.

I started watching him about a month ago when I finally got food channel. I was thinking last nite I've never heard the trademark "Bam!" Then he said it once last night. It was cool though, when you can do what this dude can do with an egplant he's entitled

Yes Spud... you have my blessing on the title

I'm of a mind to do something with cinnamon. It's a wintery kind of spice... I'll have to ponder that. Any main course ideas involving cinnamon? Don't say squash either... I ate so much of that growing up I want to hurl every time I see one.

Take two sticks of cinnamin and boil them in water, makes great tea without the tea.

For dessert slice an apple in half, peel and remove the core. Cover with sugar and cinnamin. Cook in microwave or the oven. Makes little apple pie tasting things without the pie crust.

Breaded shrimp. Add cinnamin and cayene pepper to the flour. Actually, add whatever you want to the flour, I forgot the recipe.

Sprinkle cinnamin across the doorstep, keeps ants out.

I'm thinking about sunFROG legs in cinnamon... roasted over an open fire

Batter is actually a good idea for cinnamon. I'm going to try some carribean fried shrimp with cinnamon and coconut.

i thought that was yesterday. You still haven't eaten?
Oh wait, you did post that yesterday. What are you eating today?