Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Iroquois

Tools    

Iroquois

You are lucky enough to be MoFo's first grill-ee.

A few icebreakers:

1). Why is Apocalypse Now your favorite movie?
2). Where is your favorite place to dine out in Brisbane? Why? What's on the menu?
3). Pick a window in your home and look out. Describe the first thing that catches your eye.
4). Name 2 items on the top shelf of your refrigerator.
5). What is your favorite article of clothing (that you own)?

Let's see how this goes.

By the way, anyone can ask. Feel free to jump in with questions.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oooh, this is a cool thread already. So, have you alerted poor Iroquois to this thread? Then, I assume Iroquois gets to pick someone to grill next...?

Put me in your pocket...
Here's a few more for you Iroquois..

1. Aside from Akira...What other anime do you like?
2. What is your favorite/best subject in school?
3. When were your worse teenage angsty years?
4. What was the worse thing your parents ever grounded you for? (assuming you've ever been grounded)
6. Are you outgoing or more laid-back?
5. Do you like to socialize with a large group of friends, or do you have a smaller tight knit group?

Oooh, this is a cool thread already. So, have you alerted poor Iroquois to this thread? Then, I assume Iroquois gets to pick someone to grill next...?
There's a list of the damned down in Misc.

Any and everyone gets to grill those who volunteer for the seat. Fire away!

Welcome to the human race...
Okay then, here I go.

1). Why is Apocalypse Now your favorite movie?

On a visual level, it's jaw-droppingly beautiful in a twisted and violent kind of way. On a literal level, it refuses to give away any easy answers or even pose any questions of its own accord, leaving you to think about it yourself. On an emotional level, because I was feeling bitter and disillusioned at one point and it really spoke to me.

2). Where is your favorite place to dine out in Brisbane? Why? What's on the menu?

I'm not a fan of dining out based on general principles. However, there's this great Chinese restaurant I visit occasionally. I usually eat the beef dishes out of preference, especially the sizzling one where they serve it straight onto a hot plate in a cloud of steam at your table.

3). Pick a window in your home and look out. Describe the first thing that catches your eye.

I'm not at home right now, but I can remember looking out my window last night and seeing nothing but dark and rain. I like it.

4). Name 2 items on the top shelf of your refrigerator.

Milk and butter.

5). What is your favorite article of clothing (that you own)?

A fine satin red shirt with patterns of dragons and tigers all over it. I should post a picture of it sometime.

Why did you pick your username?

Around the time I signed up, I was a big fan of Metal Gear Solid 2. For a large chunk of the game, Solid Snake disguised himself as a NAVY Seal, calling himself by the full name, Lieutenant J.G. Iroquois Pliskin.

From what I can piece together, Iroquois is a Native American word for snake (although Caitlyn has convinced me it was bastardized heavily by the French or English).

Nevertheless, the name has stuck.

1. Aside from Akira...What other anime do you like?

Surprisingly not that big on anime. Insofar as movies go, I include Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll and Princess Mononoke. As for TV, I used to be a big fan of Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, plus I thought Paranoia Agent was very good.

2. What is your favorite/best subject in school?

English. I've got a way with words.

3. When were your worse teenage angsty years?

They started a couple of years back and are still kind of going on. I guess it was the worst back in '05.

4. What was the worse thing your parents ever grounded you for?

I don't really remember. Nothing, probably.

6. Are you outgoing or more laid-back?

Laid-back, definitely.

5. Do you like to socialize with a large group of friends, or do you have a smaller tight knit group?

I think the "large group" sounds better. I'd describe it as having six really good friends, but each one is in their own group so *shrug*. Yeah.

Keep 'em coming!

Favorite Director?

Most Anticipated Film of 08? (or late 07?)

Favorite Band and Concert you've been to? (if any)

Top Video Games?
Metal Gear Solid is my all time favorite...

Favorite Director?

John Carpenter.

Most Anticipated Film of 08? (or late 07?)

Don't really have one.

Weird Al Yankovic, Straight Outta Lynwood.

Top Video Games?

Top 10:

1. Deus Ex
2. Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Metal Slug
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. Half-Life
6. Halo
7. Perfect Dark
8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
9. Conker's Bad Fur Day
10. Worms World Party

Favorite Director?

John Carpenter.
What is your favorite, and least favorite John Carpenter film?

I love a few, but always name Halloween first. I couldn't make it past the first ten minutes of Dark Star.

Do you think his films should be remade?

Now that Halloween is done, they are going to remake Escape From New York, and The Thing. Shame on them all.

The Adventure Starts Here!

Weird Al Yankovic, Straight Outta Lynwood.
Gotta rep ya good for that one, buddy! Weird Al live in concert is a thing of beauty! (Then again, this comes from a groupie stalker of the man, so take that with a grain of salt ... and a restraining order.)

@Austruck - indeed, I've been a Weird Al fan since first picking up Poodle Hat in mid-2003. I also went to see him on his Poodle Hat tour in October '03 as well.

What is your favorite, and least favorite John Carpenter film?

Favourite: Escape From New York, because it was the first Carpenter I ever saw and has always stayed with me.

Least favourite: tough call. I've limited it to two choices - The Fog and Prince of Darkness. From that, I pick The Fog, because Prince of Darkness was just that tiny bit more unsettling and effective.

(for the record, I have seen Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Fog, Escape From New York, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Prince of Darkness, They Live, In The Mouth of Madness, Escape From L.A. and both the stories he directed on Masters of Horror)

Do you think his films should be remade?

Absolutely not. His films are perfect in their imperfection.

Aha, very good. You're becoming well known

Since you like to read, who is your favorite writer and what is your favorite book by that writer? Why?

Of all of the mysteries of the world, what is most mysterious to you?

Which family member are you closest to? Why?

Where are your parents from?

Do you have a secret hiding place either for yourself or for things you don't want anyone to see?

The People's Republic of Clogher
A-gettin' nosey with a MoFo. This has always appealed to my love for tittle-tattle...

This has always appealed to my love for tittle-tattle...
I like fiddle faddle.

Are you a virgin?
Yes, I am.

Seriously!

Oh, I'm sorry. These aren't mine.

Where were you born?

What is your middle name?

It seems people usually hate their middle names.

Can you tell I just woke up?

Since you like to read, who is your favorite writer and what is your favorite book by that writer? Why?

Tough call. I think I'll name Terry Pratchett, on the basis of writing consistently brilliant Discworld books. My favourite book of his is Good Omens (co-written with Neil Gaiman), because it's a great standalone book that pokes fun at the occult with a wide range of apocalypse-related jokes. And for inventing Crowley, one of the best characters ever.

Of all of the mysteries of the world, what is most mysterious to you?

Forty-two.

Which family member are you closest to? Why?

My mum.

Where are your parents from?

Australia.

Do you have a secret hiding place either for yourself or for things you don't want anyone to see?

No.

Are you a virgin?

Yes.

Where were you born?

Brisbane.

What is your middle name?

Peter.

Can you tell I just woke up?

Kinda.

One flippant answer, that's okay, I'll give you a few strikes.

If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?

Let us dissect the whole of the snack food microcosm. What is your favorite sweet snack? salty snack? combo snack (ie for me it's peanut butter and pretzels)? other snack?

Since you have a way with words, write us a paragraph or two describing your first memory.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it about if so?

What do you most fear?

Speaking of the occult, do you believe in an afterlife?

Do you think Aleister Crowley was a fool?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If there were a movie based on your life, who would you like to play you?

What is your theme song.

If you could resurrect one canceled tv show, what would it be.

Suspect's Reviews

If you were a color, what color would you be? Why?

Grey. A balance between black and white.

Let us dissect the whole of the snack food microcosm. What is your favorite sweet snack? salty snack? combo snack (ie for me it's peanut butter and pretzels)? other snack?

Sweet - Cherry Ripes (first thing that came to mind - don't know if anyone on here has heard of em though)
Salty - salt and vinegar chips
Combo - *shrug* Not sure. I guess I'll answer Nutella (Australian chocolate hazelnut spread) on sticks of celery. First thing that came to mind.
Other - none.

Since you have a way with words, write us a paragraph or two describing your first memory.

Okay then...my first real memory was of a car accident I was in when I was a little under 3 years old. Our family's car was sitting outside a local pizza place when a drunk driver came out of nowhere and slammed into our car, igniting the fuel tank and essentially setting fire to the entire car.

Being strapped into a baby seat, I could do nothing but stare at my feet, watching the rubber sandals get licked and melted by the flames, until someone (who I later learned was the owner of the pizza place) got into the car, undid the straps and pulled me out into the safety of the open air.

I managed to escape unharmed, but my father got the worst of it. He went in for my brother, then he tried going in for me but he was too badly burnt to get me out. He still has the scars all over his body.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it about if so?

I don't remember having one, sorry.

What do you most fear?

Speaking of the occult, do you believe in an afterlife?

I'd rather believe there wasn't one, but I often get the nagging feeling that there is one, so the answer is yes.

Do you think Aleister Crowley was a fool?

No. I don't really know that much about him though.

If there were a movie based on your life, who would you like to play you?

A younger version of Christopher Walken.

What is your theme song.

Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones

If you could resurrect one canceled tv show, what would it be.

There isn't one. All my favourite shows are either still going or they ended when the time was right. None of my favourites were cancelled.

What's the last thing that made you angry?

Having to unexpectedly work overtime earlier today.

Do you do anything others have told you is odd? If so, what?

No, I don't.