Firefly

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
After the movie, I was convinced that Book was an Operative at one point. Thats how he knew what would happen. I still stand by that theory.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just remember how freaky it was when Book was injured and suddenly everyone wanted to help him out as soon as they saw his ID card. That changed everything in how we looked at Book from that moment on. I'm surprised Whedon didn't really touch that aspect of things at all in the movie. From the added features of the DVD set, it certainly wasn't because Ron Glass didn't want to be involved anymore. It seemed like he wouldn't mind if the show was around twenty years from now!

From the article

The new show would start the story of Captain Mal Reynolds and his crew aboard the Serenity over from scratch, with an aim to make this a long-running series on Disney+.
Nope. There's only one Malcolm Reynold. Can't see anyone apart from Nathan Fillion in that part.

There is a twist here and the twist is that they see the show as ideal family-friendly programming for Disney+.
Even though this series wasnt your violent, adult story, I am still not keen on sugar coated, cartoon version. It had it's sexy and violent moments. In fact the movie even had gore.

My source tells me they’re planning to target it more at a PG-adventure, family audience and less at the sort of PG-13 dynamic the original Joss Whedon show went for.

I know he is currently stuck in a controversy, but he was the force behind it. Without him it won't have that same feels.

As a huge fan of Firefly, this looks like an attempt to capture the big following for money, rather than actually producing a good story.

I hope this doesn't happen. I got my closure with Serenity.

Saw another story pop up the other day about a reboot apart from the disney one. Although If disney really owns firefly than maybe I read a fake story? Anyway, one of these is gonna happen at some point. The one I read about would have Gina Torres in it and her and Wash's daughter would be the captain of serenity. No Whedon involvement in that one either. Really think it's a bad move to do any kind of reboot without Joss and whoever wants to come back from the original cast. Not like I get a vote tho!