Who Framed Roger Rabbit? 2

Tools    

I dunno, link us to what "MTV says" and maybe we can judge it. Maybe it's an old article? Maybe it's just a comment?

As far as I can tell there's been no formal announcement, and it would be pretty unmistakable if there were. These threads are just hope and speculation.

MTV News has now exclusively learned that Zemeckis is not only pumped to bring the flustered cartoon bunny back to the big screen after 20 years, but that he has commissioned a script. And guess who’s writing it? Original scribes Jeffrey Price and Peter Seaman.

“There’s a script that’s being developed,” he revealed, adding, “We’ve got the original writers that are working on it now — Seaman and Price.”

I found on one of these comments, but it's really from 2009, so I imagine you are right and it was just a speculation.

Ideally, just link to the source next time. But yeah, not surprised it's old.

Anyway, even if it were recent, someone working on a script does not mean a movie is being made. The overwhelming majority of scripts, even completed ones, do not become movies. Sometimes people go out of their way to mention this stuff in hopes of creating interest in the film, so often "we're working on the film" is more like "somebody please volunteer to fund this film."

Wow!! you're absolutely correct. I will check better next time.

Thanks

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'd imagine they'd have to as she is much too politically incorrect these days.
But that's just it. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is for a politically incorrect audience. So if you are not going to market to that audience, then why even make a sequel/reboot?

If you make it PC, it will tank likely.

Why didn't you read the whole sentence, and you'll the question is in place.

But that's just it. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is for a politically incorrect audience. So if you are not going to market to that audience, then why even make a sequel/reboot?

If you make it PC, it will tank likely.
I don't know that it was made for a politically incorrect audience or just a general audience before the ideology of PC had really taken root at the level it has today (or are they one in the same thing?) Is every audience prior to the mid 80's a "politically incorrect" audience?

So if it was marketed to an audience in the age range of say pre-teens on up in 1988, then today it should be marketed to middle-aged adults and up?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think it should still be marketed to teens as well, not sure about pre-teens. Even pre-teens back then wouldn't have liked the movie as much as teens I don't think.

Well it was said by someone else on here that today's audience would think that the original is too politically incorrect so I guess that means that the 80s was a politically incorrect time for today's audience, if it's true that today's audience would not accept the original movie.

I'm not sure I see the point of posting speculation like this over and over. I'm closing this thread. I'll reopen it if and when we get actual news.