Gotham

Tools    

So. When Gotham first came out I could only watch one episode. I was not impressed. Then after forcing my way through a few more, it grew on me. Season 1 struggled, but it was … meh. Ok.

Now to season 2. I have to say that Gotham season 2 has done it. I don’t want to say that I am ROOTING for the villains (because that’d be so cliché – the season is called “Rise of the Villains”), but c’mon! Ya’ll know this season was ROTFL cheesy/funny.

But the REAL MVPs are our top team criminal duo: Professor Strange and Ms. Peabody. Their monotone villain banter should be the stuff of writing awards. I probably fell out laughing at least once an episode at some of their repartee. I mean – who came up with this stuff?? It was so cheesy that it was comic-book or animation like – and I think BD Wong and Tonya Pinkins really had great evil duo chemistry and gave their roles 100%. Funny because I know I’ve seen BD Wong in other more serious roles – nice to know he can have fun and not take himself too seriously.

But the REAL MVPs are our top team criminal duo: Professor Strange and Ms. Peabody. Their monotone villain banter should be the stuff of writing awards. I probably fell out laughing at least once an episode at some of their repartee. I mean – who came up with this stuff?? It was so cheesy that it was comic-book or animation like – and I think BD Wong and Tonya Pinkins really had great evil duo chemistry and gave their roles 100%. Funny because I know I’ve seen BD Wong in other more serious roles – nice to know he can have fun and not take himself too seriously.
I love Strange and Peabody...the offbeat casting choice of BD Wong as Strange was absolutely inspired...such an underrated actor.

I'm three episodes into season 4 and as entertaining as this show continues to be, the storylines are getting overly complex and you need a scorecard to keep track of all the players. Still love Ben McKenzie and especially Robin Lord Taylor, who continues to do Emmy worthy work as the Penguin.