Movies I really dislike that most people love

Tools    

i'm just into people enjoying what they enjoy. Go forth and be entertained
As a movie buff I constantly try and develop strong opinions about the movies I watch. if everybody does that and speaks their mind about the pros and cons of the films they've seen we as an audience will influence the way films are to be made in the future.

I like Deadpool two just in X-Men origins where he belongs. I found him to be a lot funnier in that movie I mean the movie wasn't that great nor the acting but I much prefer it to that 2016 nonsense
I loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine at the time but with no background of the comics I didn't know how controversial it was going to be. I thought Liev Schreiber especially was brilliant.

I haven't seen Deadpool from start to finish but I've seen large parts of it and I really liked it, especially all the fourth wall breaking, self-referential jokes. It's impressive that you can have a franchise where there can be different genres within the same world and they're just taken on board.

Oh my but this is so much fun! Let me agree about Wonderful Life, but it s more b/c Jimmy's whining, stuttering voice has always grated on me.

And any movie that kills Harrison Ford is usually a lousy movie for me.

I already posted a review about the critically acclaimed Three Billboards on site here. Well I m not sure the film was as adored by the audience as the critics, but was a disappointment for me for sure.

But the BIG ONE- the movie I really really dislike that everyone on the planet seemed to love is: Forrest Gump.
Overrated drivel to me - who cares if they combined newsreel footage - was that any greater feat than the still stunning visuals of 2001Space Odyssey ? Didn't Dave do that misread idiot savant theme better? I ve liked the star in some other movies, but he just seemed to be coasting here.

Phooey on Gump: The silly homilies, the inanity of the entire plot. Sorry FG lovers but if I had been waiting for the bus next to that garrulous and verbose hero, I woulda gotten up and walked home -and there would be no story atall.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I haven't seen Deadpool from start to finish but I've seen large parts of it and I really liked it, especially all the fourth wall breaking, self-referential jokes. It's impressive that you can have a franchise where there can be different genres within the same world and they're just taken on board.
I think you'd like it from start to finish, See. I found Ryan hilarious, especially because my fave movie of his is Buried which is so serious and dark.

V for vendetta

I know a lot of you might judge me for this one but I just never got the hype when watching this film

I loved it.

And any movie that kills Harrison Ford is usually a lousy movie for me.
I think it was mentioned further up but I agree about disliking the repetition of moments that we associate with Star Wars, as if the franchise needed them to be seen as authentic. I thought it was quite a bold scene and well-played and everything but for God's sake the scene is at least the third rehash of the Obi-Wan 'death'.

The comment that annoyed me most was the production team saying that The Force Awakens needed to remind the audience what Star Wars is. What, really? It's not Star Trek, which probably did need that thinking to be brought back successfully. It's a massively successful and well-known brand.

I think you'd like it from start to finish, See. I found Ryan hilarious, especially because my fave movie of his is Buried which is so serious and dark.
That's like me with Daniel Auteuil. It fascinates me that he can be in something really harrowing like The Lost Son and switch so comfortably to a silly comedy like The Closet. It's an amazing quality he has.

This might just do nobody any good.
V for Vendetta is a classic case of elevation through a lack of perspective.

Also, saying it’s better than The Dark Knight (a movie much more substantial to the socio-political talks the former only ever really circles around) is crazy talk.

V for vendetta

I know a lot of you might judge me for this one but I just never got the hype when watching this film

I have never understood all the love for V for Vendetta either. I love Natalie Portman but I found getting through this movie a real chore.

Didn't Dave do that misread idiot savant theme better?
Dave wasn't mentally disabled. Mentally disabled people are most likely not allowed to go into space that far away from Earth.
Absolutely correct, and for reasons unknown I posted the title to that film when I was thinking of the movie: Being There.

I respect the impact Star Wars had on filmmaking and cinema. But I never liked the films. This is a very unpopular opinion in my family and social cycles.

I respect the impact Star Wars had on filmmaking and cinema. But I never liked the films. This is a very unpopular opinion in my family and social cycles.
You're like the guy in the song by Queen bicycle race he doesn't like Star Wars either

I thought it was quite a bold scene and well-played and everything but for God's sake the scene is at least the third rehash of the Obi-Wan 'death'.

The comment that annoyed me most was the production team saying that The Force Awakens needed to remind the audience what Star Wars is. What, really? It's not Star Trek, which probably did need that thinking to be brought back successfully. It's a massively successful and well-known brand.
I loved him being killed off. Should have happened in the opening scene for me to enjoy that movie more.He didnt want to be on it and it showed. Harrison Bored.

As for someone from production claiming he/she had to remind his obviously "stupid" audience what Star Wars is??? LMAO/ I'm glad I didnt pay to see it and went to a friend's home cinema instead (I wish there was a 'bird' emoji here). asshats dont realise how fickle their fandoms are, and comments like that really piss people off.

For me, Gravity immediately comes to mind. Nice cinematopgraphy aside, one of the most boring movies I've ever seen with two characters I cared nothing about. Very uninteresting movie, but for some reason it's held in high regard...

I felt the same about The Martian.
I loved Gravity in 3D because I just focussed on the look of it. Absolutely stunning. Fell into a micro sleep through most of it in 2 D. So much cheese I could have made a fondue!

Martian I enjoyed though.

As a movie buff I constantly try and develop strong opinions about the movies I watch. if everybody does that and speaks their mind about the pros and cons of the films they've seen we as an audience will influence the way films are to be made in the future.

I speak about the movies I enjoy, not the movies I want made. Film makers do their own thing, whether it's for the almighty dollar or their passion projects.I'd become a film maker if I wanted a film made I want made,but I'm not clever enough.

Meh.

Star Wars the Force awakens
I haven't seen this one, but I hate pretty much all things Star Wars.

I hated the parts of this movie that I saw and I slept through the rest.

Also add me to the list of people who hate It's a Wonderful Life. It's too damn corny and Stewart's voice grates on me in general. Can only stand him in Rear Window and Vertigo.

I havent seen AWL and probably wont. Just not grabbed by it after doing a search. Not really my genre but good on the people who loved and were entertained by it I say