Chinese Dramas

Tools    

What do you know about Chinese dramas? These are really movies in a long TV show format. They have an ending like a movie and the series runs with the ending in mind from the start. So they are not like western TV. They are a very long movie. The ones I like are kind of like Game Of Thrones without the nudity. I mean, if they added nudity that would be good but that ain't gonna happen. I know about these because of Asians at work. There are many different kinds. Fantasy and dragons, Kung Fu, modern police dramas and modern love stories.

Here is one to try that I liked:

Oops I cannot post links yet
search for "The Destiny Of The White Snake english subs" on YouTube. Or use Google. There are sites dedicated to just Chinese dramas.

Just an idea if you want to try something different.

Here is a shorter one to start with but I did not like it as much:
"Castle In The Sky english subs"

The first 5 episodes were very good then it filled with a bunch of sub plots and side characters. Kind of like Game Of Thrones. I did not like the ending.

What do you know about Chinese dramas? These are really movies in a long TV show format. They have an ending like a movie and the series runs with the ending in mind from the start. So they are not like western TV. They are a very long movie. The ones I like are kind of like Game Of Thrones without the nudity. I mean, if they added nudity that would be good but that ain't gonna happen. I know about these because of Asians at work. There are many different kinds. Fantasy and dragons, Kung Fu, modern police dramas and modern love stories.

Here is one to try that I liked:

Oops I cannot post links yet
search for "The Destiny Of The White Snake english subs" on YouTube. Or use Google. There are sites dedicated to just Chinese dramas.

Just an idea if you want to try something different.

Here is a shorter one to start with but I did not like it as much:
"Castle In The Sky english subs"

The first 5 episodes were very good then it filled with a bunch of sub plots and side characters. Kind of like Game Of Thrones. I did not like the ending.
I tried it, the melodrama, focus on confucian values was killing me.

Yea, I should have warned about that. I needed the help of the Asians/Buddhists at work to understand some of the ideas. After watching my third one, I think I get it now. The dramas focused on Kung Fu and action are easier to understand.

Hmmm Chinese Dramas really long tv shows.. I dont think so.. not the one I highly recommend.

do not watch it in the 2 parts.. find the full 288-minute format.