Large duffel bags of money in the desert

Tools    

This might be two different movies. The first scene almost sound like something from Breaking Bad. But I think they are the same movie.

Scene 1: A well dressed, trim, 40 something man is driven into the desert by 2-3 carloads of a Latina gang. Looks like east of LA or San Diego to me. He tells them something and they intend to leave him there. Then he says something like "guys, 2 million dollars does not buy me a ride back to town?" One of the gang members says that he wants his sports coat. The guy then fights back a little and gets shot in the gut. The gang drives off and we see the man stumbling back towards town while bleeding out.

Movie: A skinny nerd guy takes his large friend to a drug deal to be a bodyguard. Somehow they end up with a bunch of money.The big one tells the nerd to lay low. The nerd does not listen and has a big pool party with drugs and hookers. The nerd get killed. At the very end of the movie the big guy is teamed up with a woman. There are two dead guys and 4 big duffel bags of money in the desert. The guy takes two bags and leaves the others to make it look like they killed each other over the money. The woman grabs one more bag and says that one bag of money is enough for the dead guys. I think there was also a scene where the big guy goes into an airport/bus station restroom with a big bag of drugs. There were police in there with a drug sniffing? dog. He acts cool and they do not suspect anything.

Update: This is an example of scene creep. The first scene I listed above is from the TV show True Detective season 2. I finally found a screen shot using Google pictures. I am pretty sure the other scenes I listed are from a movie. I have to try watching True Detective again, but from the descriptions there is nothing like the second list of scenes in that series.

I think there was also a scene where the big guy goes into an airport/bus station restroom with a big bag of drugs. There were police in there with a drug sniffing? dog. He acts cool and they do not suspect anything.
This sounds like Reservoir Dogs to me

Ha! You are correct. Thanks. So this is an extreme example of scene creep. Blending three different movies together. Sigh. My mind is really getting mushy.