You Ever Walk Out of the Theater?

Tools    

I am sure everyone here has at least once or twice , seen a movie and hated it so much ....that you just HAD to get up and go.

What movie have do you despise so badly, that you couldn''t even sit all the way through ??

I'll start :

- The recent version of The Time Machine
- National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
- Swimfan

Do you know my poetry?
Never have I walked out during a movie.

EDIT: Wait, I take that back, I walked out of Dragonfly, just a HORRIBLE movie.

I walked out during I am Sam and The Patriot. Both were pretty morally offensive, wouldn't you say?

I don't believe I've ever walked out of a movie before it ended.

Originally Posted by Steve
I walked out during I am Sam and The Patriot. Both were pretty morally offensive, wouldn't you say?
I didn't find The Patriot morally offensive. A little over-the-top, maybe, but that's about it.

Originally Posted by Steve
I walked out during I am Sam ...pretty morally offensive

I wouldn't say that. Are you in anyway against the way they portrayed the mentally challenged? I believe the picture was very heart warming yet , and at times sad. I just don't see the offensive motives.

Originally Posted by jrs
I wouldn't say that. Are you in anyway against the way they portrayed the mentally challenged? I believe the picture was very heart warming yet , and at times sad. I just don't see the offensive motives.
Maybe if you're super-duper smart and above it all you can see it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I must become Caligari..!
I guess im not super duper smart then... i cant see it
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Maybe if you're super-duper smart and above it all you can see it.

Please remind me what it is....maybe I could be as so "super-duper smart as you say I should be.

Only for the weak
I guess I'm not smart either, and I liked The Patriot.

I wanted to walk out of The Crow City of Angels, but I was with my parents so I kinda couldn't. I always stay and finish a movie though.

i walked out of :: My Cousin Vinnie

i WISH i had walked out of ::
>Star Wars Attack of the Clones
>Jason X
>Vanilla Sky
>Training Day
...that's all that comes to mind right now

I am having a nervous breakdance
When I did my military service they showed film like every wednesday or something and you bought this monthly card so you could see them. They always had a break in the middle of the thing when they changed the film rolls or whatever. When they showed Robin Hood: Men in Tights I didn't go back after that break. If there hadn't been a break I probably would have sat through it, but on the other hand, considering how boring the life was in the military and how few things we had to do it is a amazing that I rather stared into a wall than watched a bad movie.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I must become Caligari..!
I dont think i have, Well not volantarly... I was kicked out of kill bill

Nope, never walked out of a flick, even the godawful dreadful ones. I can always use a new frame of reference as to what constitutes a bad movie. Not that I go seeking that experience, but when I find myself in one, may as well stick it out.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've never walked out of a movie theatre before, but I've been with people who've tried to get me to leave during Getting Even With Dad and the first Austin Powers. I made them stay.

I wish I had walked out of How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. I slept through most of it. Same with the final long battle sequence in Saving Private Ryan, an experience that I'll title Not Saving Sexy Celebrity.

I had to walk out of Auto Focus because I was late for a plane.

But that was okay, because by luck I had actually walked in on the end of Auto Focus two weeks earlier.

But there you go. Apart from that one time, I have never just walked out of a theatre. Why walk out? You've paid. You've invested your time. Stick it out.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Why walk out? ... You've invested your time. Stick it out.
Good point at that ....then, has there been (truthfully now) any film you have seen, that you "wished" you have walked out because it was so bad?

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Why walk out? You've paid. You've invested your time. Stick it out.
I agree with the conclusion, but not the reasoning. Investing time is not necessarily a good reason to invest more. You might as well say "I've wasted this much...so what's a bit more?" Someone leaving the theater could be simply cutting their losses. It's less like blackjack, and more like poker. With the former, there's no sense in not playing your hand out even if you don't like the way it's going. With the latter, you stand to lose more if you carry on, making it occasionally wise to fold.

This is assuming the flick does not have some fantastic cinematic redemption hidden near the end, of course.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I wish I had walked out of How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. I slept through most of it. Same with the final long battle sequence in Saving Private Ryan, an experience that I'll title Not Saving Sexy Celebrity.
Strangely enough I felt the same way about the film, and even after I watched it when it was out on television. I loved moments of the film but I found it way too long-winded. The begining got tedious, and towards the end I was wishing ' PLEASE LORD WHEN WILL IT END?' Way too long.

Its a long film that you REALLY have to be into to enjoy every moment.

Another film I had trouble watching in the cinema was 101 Dalamtions. Not because it was a bad film mind, I enjoyed it but I had this endless need to go pee (which seems to always happens when I watch a film in cinema). Also had it bad during X-Men 2. After a while I was squirming deperately needing to go but not wanting to miss any of the film. Every time it happens, every time.

I walked out of "Someone Like You". I wasn't at all involved with picking the movie my friends and I were going to see, and I have no idea why they picked that particular movie! We all found it so boring, and uninteresting.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Revenant
Another film I had trouble watching in the cinema was 101 Dalamtions. Not because it was a bad film mind, I enjoyed it but I had this endless need to go pee (which seems to always happens when I watch a film in cinema). Also had it bad during X-Men 2. After a while I was squirming deperately needing to go but not wanting to miss any of the film. Every time it happens, every time.