How many times have you walked out of theatre out of disgust for movie

Tools    

I have once

here is review of movie---

Duniyadari ( worldliness )

I was seeing a marathi ( my mother tongue ) film in a cinema hall after 4 years .In the last 15 years I had seen only 3 marathi films in cinema halls
.....And this was only my second review of a marathi film---I had earlier seen ' Deool ' on TV and reviewed it .

I went to see this film because it was doing well even though '' Chennai Express '' was storming the box office .

The film shows a rich boy ( Swapnil Joshi ) going to the college selected by his mother ( Varsha Usgaonkar ) , and meeting a gang of mischevious friends and their college antics .

I was instantly disappointed.

....For why does marathi cinema have to go back to the seventies when people who were 30 plus in age used to play college kids ??

Doesn't the director know that in this modern era real youngsters play college going students ??

The hero is played by Swapnil Joshi who is about 34 or 35 years of age , and so are his cronies including the gang leader . These thirty somethings scarcely look like college going boys .

While he looked good when he was young Swapnil now looks clearly overweight with cheeks that are too much rounded out .

His first love interest ( Sai Tamhankar ) then walks in wearing sexy clothes . The gang is mesmerised . One of them describes her as a beauty .
Now can someone tell me from what angle does Sai looks like a beauty ?? In fact she too is slightly overweight . Her real claim to fame is giving bold bikini shots in other films and photoshoots .
But this does not make her beautiful .
In fact Swapnil's mother Varsha Usgaonkar still looks better than actresses half her age , and is in fact the best looking female in the film .

The college capers and antics that Swapnil's gang carried out were silly to say the least . The leader of the gang ( called DSP in the film ) does not look as strong as he is made out to be and the other members of the gang are as thin as scarecrows....

The leader of the rival gang in the college walks and acts like a gay person . Now I have never heard of a gang which has a leader who has these gay like tendencies and yet his gang members follow him .

Many of the big mouth dialogues that these people spout are in the hindi language !! Cant they spout big shot dialogues in marathi language??

Now another girl comes in Swapnil's life . The gang makes her fall for Swapnil by using a juvenile prank that wouldn't convince even a mentally retarded person , but we are supposed to believe that this girl falls for it.....

Sai starts to get jealous of this new girl....

But by this time I was getting disgusted and walked out of the cinema hall---not to return.....

Verdict---Though I am not in a position to say anything about the complete film , whatever I saw of the film was a waste of time.

And of course , walking out of a film's screening is an expression of opinion....

Did you get your money back?

I haven't personally walked out of a theatre, but I nearly left a preview screening for Be Kind Rewind (2008) as I felt ripped off, despite the fact that I didn't even pay for it (I won free tickets).

A friend of mine walked out of How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (2008), as well as Jupiter Ascending (2015). This person usually has a high tolerance for rubbish movies, so it was a bit of a surprise. Myself and my other friend managed to sit through both, however haha.

I've never walked out of a theater, the movie has to be beyond awful to thwart me. I figure if it's bad it can entertain in other ways. I remember watching 300 in theaters and hating it, but it did produce some good laughs.There was a specific scene where a head was spinning in the air and I lost my sh*t. It took me a while to stop laughing and I could see some guy behind us fuming. Those were good times.

I've never walked out of a film at the cinema (and haven't been for many years), and I don't think I've ever switched something off in disgust either. I stopped watching Videodrome and Gattaca because they were too difficult to get through but ended up eventually finishing them the second time round.

I was seeing a marathi ( my mother tongue ) film in a cinema hall after 4 years .In the last 15 years I had seen only 3 marathi films in cinema halls
.....And this was only my second review of a marathi film---I had earlier seen ' Deool ' on TV and reviewed it .
I loved reading this, because although Indian cinema is unknown to me, it was great to try to understand the cultural aspects you describe, especially what you mention about "big shot dialogue" being in the hindi rather than marathi language.

....For why does marathi cinema have to go back to the seventies when people who were 30 plus in age used to play college kids ??

Doesn't the director know that in this modern era real youngsters play college going students ??

The hero is played by Swapnil Joshi who is about 34 or 35 years of age , and so are his cronies including the gang leader . These thirty somethings scarcely look like college going boys .
Brilliant . The soap Neighbours was once mocked for having a cast that never seemed to get past school/college even though they were ageing rapidly. And George Cole once remarked that he got to about 40 before he was able to play his own age. Of course in Scrooge it's the opposite, as he looks far too old when the young Ebenezer is shown in the classroom.

The leader of the rival gang in the college walks and acts like a gay person . Now I have never heard of a gang which has a leader who has these gay like tendencies and yet his gang members follow him .
Actually that comes over in Mad Max with the Toecutter's gang.

Did you get your money back?
was too late to ask . i had seen about 2/5 th of the movie already .

Welcome to the human race...
I think the only movie where I ever walked out of a theatre because of disgust (or any other reason, now that I think about it) was Enter the Void, but that's not exactly surprising considering the copious amounts of sensory abuse that are common to Noé films (plus its obsession with death was getting to me so I left after about an hour). I did end up watching the full film on Netflix last year, though.

I seriously considered doing it today with Independence Day: Resurgence.

I loved reading this, because although Indian cinema is unknown to me, it was great to try to understand the cultural aspects you describe, especially what you mention about "big shot dialogue" being in the hindi rather than marathi language.
i live in mumbai / bombay---which is the economic capital of india . now the region around this city has speakers of the marathi language in majority , of whom i am one .

hindi is the language of north india . but due to mumbai being the economic capital of india , it has seen a large influx of north indians . it is these north indians who have created bollywood , which creates movies in the hindi language .

but the movie i was reviewing was marathi . however , it clearly showed the influence of bollywood and the hindi language over marathi films as it showed the characters speaking the big shot dialogues in hindi rather then marathi . this happens of course because of the presence of hindi speaking north indian people and their film industry ( bollywood ) in the marathi heartland . i being marathi am naturally not happy with this .

of course , i am not an extremist . but there is already a xenophobic political party ( MNS ) and it's leader ( Raj Thackeray ) which wants to kick out the north indians back to where they came from .

I seriously considered doing it today with Independence Day: Resurgence.
Lol, after your review of the original Independence Day I want to hear more about this!

I've walked out at least twice, maybe a third time but I'm not sure. I walked out on Tomorrowland because the lousy acting and terrible plot were killing me. I walked out on The Wolverine. It was generally just a terrible plot full of careless implausibilities, but it was the portrayal of ninjas that pushed me over the edge. It was leading up to the apex fight scene, and I just didn't want to see that so I went to the bathroom even though I didn't have to go. The only reason I went back after a breather was because I was watching it with a friend and I couldn't just ditch him.

Care for some gopher?
I couldn't finish Gangster Squad and The Counselor because there were just awfully boring.

I think the only movie where I ever walked out of a theatre because of disgust (or any other reason, now that I think about it) was Enter the Void, but that's not exactly surprising considering the copious amounts of sensory abuse that are common to Noé films (plus its obsession with death was getting to me so I left after about an hour). I did end up watching the full film on Netflix last year, though.
Interesting pick.

i live in mumbai / bombay---which is the economic capital of india . now the region around this city has speakers of the marathi language in majority , of whom i am one .

hindi is the language of north india . but due to mumbai being the economic capital of india , it has seen a large influx of north indians . it is these north indians who have created bollywood , which creates movies in the hindi language .

but the movie i was reviewing was marathi . however , it clearly showed the influence of bollywood and the hindi language over marathi films as it showed the characters speaking the big shot dialogues in hindi rather then marathi . this happens of course because of the presence of hindi speaking north indian people and their film industry ( bollywood ) in the marathi heartland . i being marathi am naturally not happy with this .

of course , i am not an extremist . but there is already a xenophobic political party ( MNS ) and it's leader ( Raj Thackeray ) which wants to kick out the north indians back to where they came from .
Thanks for the extra information.

Interesting pick.
I wouldn't have thought so, Noé is infamous for directing extreme films that prompt people to walk out for one reason or another.

I wouldn't have thought so, Noé is infamous for directing extreme films that prompt people to walk out for one reason or another.
I mean more in the sense of: of ALL FILMS Iro would walk out of, it'd be that one.

I didn't finish it either, but it's not the sort of movie that sprang to mind when I thought walk-out.

I mean more in the sense of: of ALL FILMS Iro would walk out of, it'd be that one.

I didn't finish it either, but it's not the sort of movie that sprang to mind when I thought walk-out.
Eh, I'm not really one for giving up on bad films once I start them - I figure that I need to watch the whole thing if I'm going to really have a solid opinion of it (plus I've probably paid for it so I might as well see if I can get at least some of my money's worth by the time that it's over). At least Enter the Void makes sense because it was less out of thinking the film was bad and more out of feeling a bit too much physical distress to be able to sit through the entire thing in a theatrical setting (the festival cut is about two hours and forty minutes after all, and I bailed just before the halfway mark).