I'm going to be a father.

Tools    

All I'm saying is if we all can know this information, you should let some really close people, like your parents, know this. Don't worry about the bad stuff and just celebrate. Celebrate! I feel dirty knowing you're having a kid when the grandparents don't even know it yet.

Here, this sounds like a "Im gonna be a Daddy" song even though it isnt. Cats in the Cradle is too depressing

Well, I refuse to be happy for you then since you can't even rep me and if everyone else in your real life doesn't even know yet. If you're gonna be so worried about miscarriages that you can't even tell family and people in your real life, I don't see why I should have to see you as a happy father-to-be.

I'll consider you a dad when you act like a dad. This "I'm gonna tell nobody except strangers on an internet forum" thing is not dad-like. You shoulda kept it a secret from us, too.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, I refuse to be happy for you then since you can't even rep me and if everyone else in your real life doesn't even know yet. If you're gonna be so worried about miscarriages that you can't even tell family and people in your real life, I don't see why I should have to see you as a happy father-to-be.

I'll consider you a dad when you act like a dad. This "I'm gonna tell nobody except strangers on an internet forum" thing is not dad-like. You shoulda kept it a secret from us, too.

Suspect's Reviews

That's wonderful news Suspect! Congrats and good luck, I'm sure you'll be a great father!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Congratulations mate!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Congratulations bud, I never knew you had it in you.

When my wife got pregnant for the first time, we didn't tell our respective parents immediately. Shock/apprehension will do that, so if the opportunity had been there to break the ice by announcing it first to a bunch of semi strangers on the internet had been there, we'd probably have taken it.

Exciting news.

My wife is pregnant.

She just dropped the news on me today with chocolate chip pancakes that spelled out DAD.
Congratulations – innovative way of telling you.

Congratulations! The thing you're worried about is what happened to me. My wife was pregnant, she told everybody, and so I told a few people, and then she miscarried. The second time, we were more cautious. We were assured once they can detect a heartbeat, the chances of a miscarriage go way down. Best of luck to you and your wife.