Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Show People (1928)

Thought I'd squeeze in a few more Pre 1930 films for the upcoming: MoFo Pre 1930s Countdown and the deadline is only 3 weeks away! on October 6th

I thoroughly enjoyed Show People! It's a cool, behind the scenes look at Hollywood movie making with a young actress trying to break into the flicks. Lovely Marion Davies, the woman who was lampooned in Citizen Kane....was actually very talented, especially at comedy. This is one of her best films and she's a join to watch.

Show People is a fast paced silent comedy that's only 1 hour 15 minutes long. The time flew by as I had so much fun with the movie, even more so was the fun in spotting big stars as they made cameos on the studio back lot.

Don't forget to send a list into Chyp for the Pre 30s Countdown, and if you're short a few movies, try watching Show People...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Show People 1928.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	57259  

Way Down East (1920)

From the top 100 passions list, and the 4th D. W. Griffith/Lillian Gish collaboration that could potentially make my list for the Pre-30's countdown. The 4th highest grossing silent film.

Way Down East (1920)

From the top 100 passions list, and the 4th D. W. Griffith/Lillian Gish collaboration that could potentially make my list for the Pre-30's countdown. The 4th highest grossing silent film.
I just about watched that one last night. Glad to hear a positive review on it. I remember @Thursday Next really liked Way Down East.

Re-watch of a classic.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Two Half-Times In Hell - 8/10
What a great, original movie. I knew within the first 10 minutes I'd like it, and I experienced nothing but relief and joy throughout, despite the story. If you recommended this movie for me, could you notify me? Thanks!

Love this movie. Seen it a million times. Always amazed at Maggie Smith’s really beautiful figure when she was young.

Hell's Hinges (1916)

A nice surprise even with it's inclusion on the top 100 westerns list. Only about an hour long but it packs a punch. Religion comes to a hell raising town that doesn't want it, except the biggest badass has a change of heart.

Welcome to the human race...
First Blood -

can you imagine how stupid it would be to make a sequel or four to this

'Won't you be my neigbor' (2018)

A beautifully made documentary about a truly great human being. Just when I thought this film couldn't move me any more - it goes a step further - right into the end credits.

Rogers is a man who really did seem to touch the lives of everyone he met. To the point that people even questioned if his persona was an act. Which says more about us than him.

8.4/10

The Son Of The Sheik (George Fitzmaurice, 1926)
+
More kidnapping, less mugging, same score as the original from me

The Eagle (Clarence Brown, 1925)

Fairly poor print didn't help but failed to soar for me anyway

Welcome to the human race...
Rambo: First Blood Part II -

I am at once surprised and also not surprised that this won a Razzie for Worst Picture of 1985.

Internal Affairs (1990)

Great bad cop thriller with a superb performance from Richard Gere. Despicable and impressive in equal measures!!!

Internal Affairs (1990)

Great bad cop thriller with a superb performance from Richard Gere. Despicable and impressive in equal measures!!!
This must have been shocking like Henry Fonda being the villain of Once Upon a Time in the West.