The I-Land

Tools    

https://tvline.com/2018/09/28/the-i-...pettyfer-cast/

"Announced Friday, the seven-episode series stars Kate Bosworth (Superman Returns), Alex Pettyfer (Magic Mike) and Natalie Martinez (Kingdom) as three of 10 people who “wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there, [then] set off on a trek to try to get back home. They soon discover this world is not as it seems. Faced with the island’s extreme psychological and physical challenges, they must rise to their better selves — or die as their worst ones.

Bosworth will also serve as a producer on the series, which is being led by showrunner Neil LaBute (Van Helsing). Lucy Teitler (Mr. Robot) is attached as a writer, while Jonathan Scarfe (Van Helsing) is on board to direct."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hi! I'm bingeing this show right now (as in, tonight). I'm in the middle of episode 4 right now. It has this odd combination feel of LOST and a few other shows. The acting is passable but not great... but the plot is intriguing enough that I'm watching straight through. I'm unsure if it's going to live up to the hype now that I know what's essentially going on (I think). The curiosity over what was happening hooked me, but if it's really been revealed (for the most part) and

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
now they're just playing out a sort of survival game,

then a lot of the curiosity has waned for me.

Hoping the second half of the show/series/season stays as taut as the first half.

Finished this show. A few nice twists toward the end, but once you know what's actually going on, midway through the seven episodes, a lot of appeal slips away. The curiosity that lures you in is gone and you're left with a fairly straightforward story.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I was going to start watching this, might put it off if it's just meh.

Suspect's Reviews

I was going to start watching this, might put it off if it's just meh.
First half was quite intriguing. Second half didn't have that same fascinating hook. My two cents. Am curious what the OP thought... or anyone else!