Best Director who NEVER made a bad movie?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Some of my favorite directors have made some bad movies, so don't include them.

I would go with Stanley Kubrick. His worst film is still pretty good.

I can't think of a director off the top of my head who NEVER made a bad movie, except for a director who only made one movie...like the late Steve Gordon, who only directed one film, the 1981 classic Arthur and died the following year. But very director who's made more than one movie has at least one stinker on their resume.

One of my favorites of course, Chris McQuarrie.
I'm sure you guys have heard me talk about him before.

DIRECTED:
The Way of the Gun
Jack Reacher
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Currently he is writing the next MI film which he will also direct.

I've only seen M:I 5 from McQuarrie, so I don't know. Still, if his other movies are as good and flawless as M:I 5, then he's really good.

I'd also go with Tarantino and (haters gonna hate), Michael Bay

Just kidding on that last one though

I've only seen M:I 5 from McQuarrie, so I don't know. Still, if his other movies are as good and flawless as M:I 5, then he's really good.
You definitely should watch the others!!
The way of the gun has the most realistic gun battles I've ever seen.

It's not like taken where liam neeson can hide behind a couch and magically not get shot. Hell no, way of the gun you stand next to a door someone will shoot you through the wall.

He began his career as a writer. Most people know The usual suspects, he wrote that. I think that's why he doesn't have any bad films, because he spent so much time in the industry before he started directing.

Christopher Nolan
Tony Kaye
Danny Boyle

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The only one I can come with is Billy Wilder, though I can't say I've seen every single film of his, so I could be wrong
Billy Wilder never made a bad drama (from the handful I saw)

You definitely should watch the others!!
The way of the gun has the most realistic gun battles I've ever seen.

It's not like taken where liam neeson can hide behind a couch and magically not get shot. Hell no, way of the gun you stand next to a door someone will shoot you through the wall.

He began his career as a writer. Most people know The usual suspects, he wrote that. I think that's why he doesn't have any bad films, because he spent so much time in the industry before he started directing.

...I'll think about it...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	23303  

Not everyone appreciates realism in films, but for me it's such a breath of fresh air.

Movies like Django where people get shot and fly backward 20 feet.. well, I'm not sure I have the words right now to express how stupid that is. Newton's 3rd law of physics state that the person holding the gun would fly back 20 feet too when they shot it - if guns actually exerted that sort of force.

I picked on that one because it's in your top 10
Makes me think maybe The Way of the Gun isn't for you?

Welcome to the human race...
Leone was the first name to come to mind, though I still feel like he's a debatable example.

yup christopher nolan has never done a bad film, the worst of the great ones is the dark knight rises for my own taste, i dont know if you guys agree, but he lately made a superb film which i like a lot, in Interstellar, top notch film.

Scorsese never made any bad ones that I know of

Not everyone appreciates realism in films, but for me it's such a breath of fresh air.

Movies like Django where people get shot and fly backward 20 feet.. well, I'm not sure I have the words right now to express how stupid that is. Newton's 3rd law of physics state that the person holding the gun would fly back 20 feet too when they shot it - if guns actually exerted that sort of force.

I picked on that one because it's in your top 10
Makes me think maybe The Way of the Gun isn't for you?

I don't really care about "realism" in awesome scenes when I see them. I also appreciate realism but I wouldn't say three's one I prefer. I'll definitely check it out...it's only that the movie you told me about didn't get as good reviews.

Plus, if you really wanted to make fun of unrealistic westerns, you should've talked about the fact that people take like 30 mins to die even though they've been shot 1000 times...and also the fact that there's almost no blood in those old westerns