The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

(Lisanne Pajot, James Swirsky, 2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/

56 POINTS
4 LISTS

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It's worth a watch. I don't even like video games, let alone indie video games, but the doc was interesting.

Deiter almost made my list. Top 30-35 for sure.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Little Dieter Needs To Fly was my #4.

Dieter Dengler was an amazing man, so much so that Herzog couldn't stop at just a documentary.

Indie Game: The Movie is decent but I wouldn't have had it near my list.

*hides from Tacitus*

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Indie Game: The Movie was my #7

Here is my list:
5. J2ckass (84)
7. Indie Game: The Movie (72)
8. Jackass: The Movie (90)
23. March of the Penguins (93)
25. OT: Our Town (1-Pointer)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, you guys finally got me. I haven't seen Indie Game: The Movie. In fact, I never even heard of it, but now that I have, it is streaming on Netflix. I've seen Little Dieter but didn't vote for it. Seen 29/30.

That's Entertainment was the film I should have nominated for the Docs HoF. I had it at Number 1, mainly for strategic reasons. That might have been high but I haven't seen many docs.

That's Entertainment was the film I should have nominated for the Docs HoF. I had it at Number 1, mainly for strategic reasons. That might have been high but I haven't seen many docs.
I probably would have voted for it as #1...still I like your Food Inc doc.

I've finished it now.
I've got the master list, I've already watched four from the top 100 that I hadn't seen yet. Running a countdown is a thankless job, except for all the thanks and stuff, but it does have a perk.

The People's Republic of Clogher
For those of you who watched Indie Game but don't have much of an interest in the source material, Jonathan Blow releases the follow-up to Braid today and Phil Fish had a bit of a meltdown and left the industry. Fez remains his only released game.

Ed McMillen's regularly making games - The Binding of Isaac has been hugely lauded - but he's no longer working with Tommy, who doesn't seem to be working on anything. Tommy was the one guy I really liked.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
For those of you who watched Indie Game but don't have much of an interest in the source material, Jonathan Blow releases the follow-up to Braid today and Phil Fish had a bit of a meltdown and left the industry. Fez remains his only released game.

Ed McMillen's regularly making games - The Binding of Isaac has been hugely lauded - but he's no longer working with Tommy, who doesn't seem to be working on anything. Tommy was the one guy I really liked.
If there is one person that Phil Fish reminds me of, it's Troy Duffy.

Also, Catfish was the worst. Hated that poor excuse for a film.

Suspect's Reviews