The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

!!!SPOILER!!!

Here's number one film:

I can't believe you chose the ****** MGM DVD cover. Ugh. Class the place up a bit for the #1 film of the 60s, and of all-time.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Once Upon a Time in the West was my #9 and I'm glad to see it make it so high on the list.

Makes me want to shoot somebody through my boot. I mean, how cool is that move?
Maybe my favorite scene, sean! The whole movie is a true classic.

Master of My Domain
Dr. Cagelove for #1!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Once Upon a Time in the West was my #1. Obviously.

As I wrote nearly 10 years ago:

The Western as opera - something Leone had spent four years and three films perfecting before he came up with Once Upon In The West. And with it he finally mastered the concept.

It’s an epic homage really, twisting and playing with themes, images and conventions, not least with the inspired casting of Henry Fonda (who had memorably played many American heroes ranging from Abe Lincoln to Wyatt Earp) as Frank, one of the coldest villains in cinema.

Bernardo Bertolucci, who co-scripted along with the director and a young Dario Argento, was once asked by Sergio why he (Leone) was the most interesting director in Italy.

“Because you shoot the arses of the horses...” replied Bernardo, who went on to explain how horses in Westerns were often only shot in profile and it, like the whole genre, had started to become rather banal.

Once Upon A Time In The West - a horse’s arse of a film, but a savage and beautiful horse’s arse…

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dr. Cagelove for #1!

Now I can enjoy this film!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Haha. Holden was kind enough to inform me of the Cage in the Cover. Can't believe I missed that. To be fair I am sick; guess it was a good thing I stayed home from work today.

King Kong vs Godzilla got snubbed

I was thinking about it, but I've only seen it twice and only recently, too. Maybe I should've anyway? If I gave a crap about 1 pointers and all that nonsense I'd have done it.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
I was thinking about it, but I've only seen it twice and only recently, too. Maybe I should've anyway? If I gave a crap about 1 pointers and all that nonsense I'd have done it.
It was my #4

What's with these midnight reveals? Let's get the show on the road already. Show us #4!

What's with these midnight reveals? Let's get the show on the road already. Show us #4!
Amen.

I was heading to bed, but I would love to catch the fourth entry before doing so!

That made your list and not King Kong vs Godzilla... I am disappointed
I know. I can understand that. But I've had about 15-20 years of Faster Pussycat, whereas King Kong Vs Godzilla is still new to me.