Movie Trivia Game!

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Well, I have waited and waited for Jimbo to reply and not a word... so... I guess I'll ask the next trivia question.

In the episode of Star Trek - The Cage, the communicator prop was used later in another episode of Star Trek as the prop for something else. What was it used for and in which episode?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I guess I'll ask the next trivia question.

In the episode of Star Trek - The Cage, the communicator prop was used later in another episode of Star Trek as the prop for something else. What was it used for and in which episode?

@Mesmerized, What's the answer?

German actress Luise Rainer, 1937 & 1938.

For what it's worth don't think either was warrented. Be Kind Rewind did a fantastic video essay about this. Have added the vid below.

Considering Rainer only was active in Hollywood for 3 years and walked away with 2 Best Actress Oscars in that time is still pretty impressive, even if perhaps they were not quite fully merited.

Firstly considering she was only in The Great Zeigfeld for what is essentially a supporting role, but she is genuinely pretty good in it, and as Anthony Hopkins showed in Silence of the Lambs, or more recently where Supporting Oscars have been awarded for performances that are every bit a lead as the Best Actor/Actress catagory, this in itself is not a barrier.

The following year however, when she was in 'yellowface' for The Good Earth, it is a different story. The role she is in doesn't have that many lines, so her performance is pretty pantomine, and then look at the competition she was up against in 1938, all were career defining roles.

But it was more like MGM, who in the 1930's were doing what Miramax was doing in the 90's, and Louis B Meyer in particular was pulling the strings (a la Weinstein in the 90's) on Rainer's behalf as he was trying to make her into the next big thing, only that Rainer was already sick of Hollywood and wanted out. Meyer, pissed at her after all the effort he had put into making her a 'star' vowed she would never work in Hollywood again - and by all accounts ensured she never did.