Movies that SHOULD be made

Tools    

Originally Posted by Bodom
myers vs. leather face
hey that might be good. I personally would rather see Mike Myers vs. Jason to begin with, but mm vs. lf might be interesting. . .if they would do it.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I'd like to see a movie based on Ender's Game .

Also, a pair of movies based on Matthew Woodring Stover's Caine books( Heroes Die, Blade of Tyshalle ) would be good, if extremely violent. Have Tarantino direct.

The musical Rent should be turned into a movie.

I think Stephen King's Dark Tower books should made into movies. The books are well written and if the movies were done well I think a lot of people would get into it.

Welcome to the human race...
Man, just read over this whole thread and saw how many of the choices actually became movies...

My choice would be John Carpenter and Kurt Russell teaming up for a third Escape movie.

I've read most, if not all of the books by a writer named Matthew Reilly. At least one of his stories should be made into a film

An animated Lord of the rings movie that follows the book EXACTLY. It could be like 15 hours total, and include things like Tom Bombadil and the scouring of the shire. They should animate it in the style of either Samuri Jack or Futurama.

The Sirens of Titan, by Kurt Vonnegut. It is my favorite book not written by Tolkien.

yeaht the lotr and the matrix....i guess ppl are just too lazy lol.........
then again there is even a clerks cartoon so wtf?

Michael Bay should make a shot by shot remake of Citizen Kane.

And then, immediately afterwards, he should tear out my eyeballs and disembowel me.
HahahAhAhAhaHaHaahAhAhAhaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Van Sant should have been banned from humanity for Psycho! I would like to see a proper adaptation of James Clavell's Shogun and Robert Graves's I, Claudius. Also I have been trying to get Timothy to write a script for Lost Souls and Exquisite Corpse since he knows Poppy Z. Brite through some private website devoted to writers who take part in the basketball rivalry between the Duke Blue Devils and the UNC Tarheels.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Morgan Freeman has been trying to get Rendezvous with Rama made into a movie for years, and I agree that it would be impressive, especially with the FX available today, and would love to see it. If you do a search online, you will find that there have been "announcements" of it being in production for a long time, including a current entry in the IMDB.

I had also thought about the Dark Tower books, but I just don't see them being done correctly. Too much would probably be cut out, and the fact that the whole thing crosses so many genres along the way (Western, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy... that's what I can think of at the moment). I don't think this would necessarily make it appeal to people who like each of those, as much as turn off a good number that like each of them primarily. If they were made right, I would be right at the front of the line, but I just don't see it being handled the right way, or enough people being interested, for it to happen.

On the subject of Stephen King, and the rise of alternate reality fantasy movies with kids in them, what about The Talisman (which, in case you didn't know, also ties in to the Dark Tower books)? It is being made as a TV mini series (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384580), but the track record of King books as mini series hasn't so good IMO. Being aired on network TV they have always been watered down, lower budget, and often with washed up actors.

There were a couple others mentioned in the thread a while back that would personally interest me, but I also feel would never make it to film either financially successfully (in order for the movie companies to consider making), or made well (for me to end up actually liking);
The Foundation books by Asimov... Absolutely amazing books, but I can't imagine most people sitting through watching them. Most people would come out of seeing any one of them more confused than anything else.
Enders Game... I've heard there have been attempts at making this with the 2 other books in the initial trilogy (Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide). One of the biggest hang ups having been the reality of what the game is actually all about and the fact that it is kids playing the game (I don't want to go into it though, I don't want to give anything away if you haven't read the books). Yet again, there is an IMDB entry for this, but there has been one off and on for a long time.
Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series... I just can't imagine watching these. I loved the books, but also hated them, or more specifically, the character of Covenant himself. These were the only books that I've read that made me want to throw them across the room for really wanting to smack him around. Now, I'm all for anti-hero movies, but this guy... he's just an ass, plain and simple. I may be wrong on this one, for it being worth going to see, since the cinematography could be really amazing, but this is one of those series of books that I read, really liked, but also have no desire to go back and read again. I don't feel the need to go through Covenant being whiny for all those pages all over again.

OK... enough rambling by me...

HahahAhAhAhaHaHaahAhAhAhaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Van Sant should have been banned from humanity for Psycho! I would like to see a proper adaptation of James Clavell's Shogun and Robert Graves's I, Claudius. Also I have been trying to get Timothy to write a script for Lost Souls and Exquisite Corpse since he knows Poppy Z. Brite through some private website devoted to writers who take part in the basketball rivalry between the Duke Blue Devils and the UNC Tarheels.
Well honey first off I haven't even read Exquisite Corpse, second just because I communicate with someone through a message board doesn't mean I know then well enough to ask them to take a shot at adapting their creation for a different artistic venue, then lastly I don't want to be responsible for someone elses work I have enough trouble being responsible for my own. Do you see the title under my nice, how smooth that was? huh huh?

LOL, I dont think I have read any of the books you have listed Memnon except for Asimov The Foundation series & the Dark Tower series. The thing about Stephen King, he is known for being a huge *******, especially to anyone adapting his books to film even though any scripts or movies he has made have been a complete failure. Hell, like I said in another post as soon as Kubrick died he was remaking 'The Shining' and that is Kubrick, you dont go up to Jesus after he just turned water into wine and say "I wanted vodka, bitch."

I think Stephen King sold the film rights to Dark Tower to J.J.Abrams for $19. 19's an important number in the book methinks?

Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness!!!!!!!
Bad A Angels VS. Demons!

X-Factor and War Machine...

the life and dumbness of george bush would be a hit IMO

I think Robert Heinlein's book Friday would make a pretty good action adventure movie, although Angelina Jolie would probably end up getting the lead role which would be a shame as she really is played out at this point.

I would love to see the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind made into movies. They would be epic on the order of the LoTR films. A true "good vs. evil" spanning a world kind of epic.

Since I mentioned LoTR, The Hobbit should definately be made. I know IMDB has an entry on it, but it's not very fleshed out yet.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

hey that might be good. I personally would rather see Mike Myers vs. Jason to begin with, but mm vs. lf might be interesting. . .if they would do it.
I heard New Line were interested in making a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash(Evil Dead's Ash).......Now i would pay to see that!

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

The man with the sword
I possibly wanted to see Twinbee movie.

Plot: During the post-apocalypse war, many soldiers at Donburi Island have died during the battle. Dr. Cinnamon has recruited 2 young soldiers named Light and Pastel to battle the evil Great King Spice and his recruits.

Production Companies: Paramount Picture, DreamWorks
In Associated with: Konami

Directed by: Michael Bay

Tagline: This is NOT a game.

Light: Mitch Musso
Pastel: AnnaSophia Robb
Dr. Cinnamon: Anthony Hopkins
Princess Melora: Ashlee Simpson
Madoka: JoJo
Great King Spice: ??????????

BTW, If you don't know what Twinbee is, it's a video game created by Konami.

and I also wanted to see FoxTrot movie...

The cast-

Roger Fox: Matt Dillon
Andy Fox: Mary Stuart Masterson
Peter Fox: Matthew Lewis
Paige Fox: Emily Osment
Jason Fox: An unknown