24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

out of my top 5 (6) films, 2 are Cinematic Masterpieces in my eyes - The Wicker Man (1973) and A Clockwork Orange (1971), 2 are directed by Ridley Scott - Kingdom of Heaven (2005) and Gladiator (2000) and 2 are Classic Novels to Cinema - The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) and Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I used to have Justine, a friend insisted that it was THE starting point for delving into deSade. No idea what became of the book.

I used to have Justine, a friend insisted that it was THE starting point for delving into deSade. No idea what became of the book.
Have you seen the film?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062870/

There are many adaptions of his book to film for Justine.

Haven't seen any version of Count, or read the book. I should remedy that.
The book is really amazing, but it is a very long read.

I would love someone to make a miniseries of it to do all of the subplots justice. They really have to streamline things to make it feature-film length.

I didn't have as much time this week as I thought I would, so I didn't start thinking about nominations until last night.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a film I only just watched and am still digesting, or something I haven't had the chance to rewatch since I first saw it. They're both films I think more people should have watched when they were new, but neither are going to be crowd pleasers, since one's quite slow and the other's a satire.

The trick is not minding
I didn't have as much time this week as I thought I would, so I didn't start thinking about nominations until last night.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a film I only just watched and am still digesting, or something I haven't had the chance to rewatch since I first saw it. They're both films I think more people should have watched when they were new, but neither are going to be crowd pleasers, since one's quite slow and the other's a satire.
You have plenty of time yet, so need to fret. Remember, you can decide on it even after the reveals (and that could even help you decide on a film) are made. Up to a week iirc.

I had a message with my nomination ready to hit send, but I just got this weird feeling. If raul is taking late nominations, then I might wait and see what work is like next week - at least the first couple days. It's been unexpectedly busy and I don't want to commit to something I might not have time for.

Or maybe I'll just sleep on it, since it's late now and I might feel more confident about my time management skills in the morning.