The Shape of Water (2017)

Tools    

Guillermo del Toro's new film. I'm always hyped for new del Toro, but after seeing the trailer, I am even more hyped. Looks incredible.

This might just do nobody any good.
Looks cute and since it's the teaser I'm hoping the all too predictable elements are just surface level.

Also, Sally Hawkins is too cute. That's instant endearment right there.

Well played, GDT.

I guess, after Hellboy, del Toro decided to make an entire movie about Abe Sapien.

It's gonna be really weird for Shyamalan to have the second-best supernatural movie about water and ladies who don't talk much.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I guess, after Hellboy, del Toro decided to make an entire movie about Abe Sapien.

It's gonna be really weird for Shyamalan to have the second-best supernatural movie about water and ladies who don't talk much.

Gosh! You beat me to the punch This is the first I've seen of this movie and immediately thought Hellboy prequel. Of course, I watched the trailer without audio so I have no clue what it's about.

Seriously though, is it about him?!

I need you to clarify something for me. Your comment on having the second-best supernatural movie about water and ladies confuses me. Are you suggesting that his movie is second-best, or are you ribbing that there are only two movies of that topic, therefore his gets second spot just for showing up?

Gosh! You beat me to the punch This is the first I've seen of this movie and immediately thought Hellboy prequel. Of course, I watched the trailer without audio so I have no clue what it's about.

Seriously though, is it about him?!
Nah.

I need you to clarify something for me. Your comment on having the second-best supernatural movie about water and ladies confuses me. Are you suggesting that his movie is second-best, or are you ribbing that there are only two movies of that topic, therefore his gets second spot just for showing up?
The second one, the ribbing.

This might just do nobody any good.
Good word coming out of Venice.

Edit:

Here's Guillermo's opening statement at the screening (straight out of Interstellar, apparently):

Fairy tales were born in times of trouble, in complicated times - when hope felt lost. I made The Shape of Water as an antidote to that cynicism. For it seems to me that when we speak of love - when we believe in love - we do so in a hopeless way. We fear looking naive and even disingenuous.

But love is real - absolutely real - and, like water, it is the most gentle and most powerful force in the universe. It is free and formless until is pours into its recipient, until we let it in. Our eyes are blind, but our souls are not. It recognizes love in whatever shape it comes to us.