Is Florence Pugh a box office draw?

Tools    

I’ve heard FP referred to as a movie star but for me a movie star is someone who can open a movie on their name alone. But has she done that yet? I think that’s the real test of being an actual star.

Never heard the name, so not a draw for me, I guess.

She was just in Black Widow with Scarlett Johannson. She was also in Midsommar and Little Women.

The trick is not minding
I don’t think she’s a box office draw, but she’s a very talented actress regardless. She’s great in Lady Macbeth, brings a sense of loss to her role in Midsommar, and was quite excellent in Gerwig’s version of Little Women.
I’ll always seek her films out if they’re playing at a local theater near me.

loved florence pugh shes an amazing actress and loved her on black widow and hawkeye and she did alot of movies and shes doing 6 more movies, u go to her profile IMDB and it shows her movies

She was just in Black Widow with Scarlett Johannson. She was also in Midsommar and Little Women.

Oh, she Black Widow's Mini-Me - is she picking of the mantle of the widow?

I think. She was in the Hawkeye show and I think she was the Black Widow in that, though I didn’t watch it.

I’ve heard FP referred to as a movie star but for me a movie star is someone who can open a movie on their name alone. But has she done that yet? I think that’s the real test of being an actual star.
How many people have to go to the cinema just because Florence Pugh is in a film, before she qualifies? Because I know at least 2 people who do.

A system of cells interlinked
She has won me over at this point - maybe it's that voice? *Shrugs*

I didn't care for Midsommar, but she was good in it nonetheless. Loved her in the recent version of Little Women.

How many people have to go to the cinema just because Florence Pugh is in a film, before she qualifies? Because I know at least 2 people who do.
I don’t know, hard to put a number on it. I think know with COVID and the way the industry is, I don’t know if actors are the draw anymore.

A system of cells interlinked
I don’t know, hard to put a number on it. I think know with COVID and the way the industry is, I don’t know if actors are the draw anymore.
Agreed. It takes a whole lot to get me out to the theater, and Florence Pugh isn't enough.

I personally think she's a movie star. As are many.
Which I get. She has that “star quality.” I guess it’s just the box-office draw thing is giving me hesitation. Though with the way things are with the industry and COVID, people showing up just to see an actor may be a thing of the past.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Think she is great, but don't think people are flocking to see her movies because of her name.

Suspect's Reviews

She should be...she isn't yet ...I bet if you ask ten people who Florence Pugh is, one might know...she hasn't gotten that role to put her on the radar yet. She was the best thing about Little Women, but she's nowhere near the area of "box office draw".

I personally think she's a movie star. As are many.
Agree. I like her & she’s very talented. If she can continue getting worthwhile rôles.

Which I get. She has that “star quality.” I guess it’s just the box-office draw thing is giving me hesitation. Though with the way things are with the industry and COVID, people showing up just to see an actor may be a thing of the past.
Was Claus Kinski a movie star? Was he a massive draw at the box office?

Is Kang-ho Song a movie star?

I don't think it's a one sized fits all approach. There are probably tens of Bollywood actors that are bona fide movie stars too but nobody has ever heard of them on this site. Yet many have heard of Florence Pugh.