MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Steelers got there, pretty wild. They really almost blew it so many times, and the game shouldn't have been that close without Lamar Jackson playing. The Steelers are a genuinely below-average team, but only a little below average, so they needed a bit of luck to get into the playoffs. I don't expect they'll do very well there (maybe they score a super flawed first round opponent, though), but it was neat for Ben to get something like this right at the end of his career.

And yeah, Indy losing that badly against a bad Jacksonville team just needing to win to make it? That's pretty bad.

Yeah, for sure. The fact that there's so many guys on the team and so many of them are playing for a starting job going forward (or with another team) helps.
Damn, can you imagine if Carlson misses that FG in OT all the Steelers fan who wake up thinking they made the playoffs and then they didn't? That would have been utterly insane.

Damn, can you imagine if Carlson misses that FG in OT all the Steelers fan who wake up thinking they made the playoffs and then they didn't? That would have been utterly insane.
I mean, I just woke up, and I never once bothered to look at that other game because a tie is so improbable. So this is the first I'm hearing of it.

I mean, I just woke up, and I never once bothered to look at that other game because a tie is so improbable. So this is the first I'm hearing of it.
That's what I'm saying. I remember being at a Packers Vikings game and Carlson missed a FG at the end of OT resulting in, yup, a tie. It was all I could think of.

Man that would've been wild. And kinda funny.

Ah well. Steelers are not that good, I wanted them to lose a lot and get a high draft pick, but part of that was based on it being so unlikely they'd actually make the playoffs. The fact that they did at least get "something" for it is kinda nice, and it's a nice way for Ben to go out relative to the alternative. Still, seems like we probably dropped 10+ draft slots just for the privilege of getting creamed by Kansas City.

Just read this:

...the first time in NFL history that the final playoff berth was not determined until time expired in overtime in the last game of the regular season.

That final game was frickin' nuts.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow, Bengals win!

Fun team. And Joe Burrow, sacked NINE times?! Love it when a QB gets no protection and guts out a win anyway. Lots of 'em just can't function under pressure, even some of the greats.

Not sure they'll be able to knock off KC next week (assuming that's who they play), but great run regardless.

Wow, Bengals win!

Fun team. And Joe Burrow, sacked NINE times?! Love it when a QB gets no protection and guts out a win anyway. Lots of 'em just can't function under pressure, even some of the greats.

Not sure they'll be able to knock off KC next week (assuming that's who they play), but great run regardless.
Go Buffalo

Rams-Bucs was dramatic, but most of the drama came from sheer ineptitude. LA did everything possible to try to blow that game. Four fumbles is nuts, but losing all four is even crazier (the recovery rate is effectively random over time). So they basically had to fumble four times and lose four coin flips (~6% chance) for it to even be close.

Happy for Stafford, who's a talented guy but had to toil away in a dysfunctional system in Detroit. I particularly like how good he is against the blitz. Dealing with pressure, either by throwing great in it or scrambling out of it, is clearly the future of the QB position.

That Bills-Chiefs game was an immediate classic, though. The sheer number of points scored in the last two minutes seems impossible. Feel for the Buffalo fans, but they'll be back. Josh Allen is a force of nature (TD pass on a seven-man blitz! Remember what I said about the future?) and played out of his mind the last couple of weeks. But Mahomes, well...I'm not sure I've seen anybody go down the field like that in just 10 seconds. What else can you say, he's simply the best.

Friend of mine on Facebook:

"Can the Bills and Chiefs just play again in the Super Bowl?"

Ha!

Also, kinda mind-blowing to read that the Chiefs are now the first time to host four AFC Championships in a row. That's wild.

The trick is not minding
Possibly the greatest weekend in playoff history. All 4 games were nail biters.

Bengals need to work on that offensive line. But that’s Always been an issue.

Bengals need to work on that offensive line. But that’s Always been an issue.
You spoke, they listened.