Moon Knight (Disney+)

Tools    

Lookin' cool:

I wonder if Oscar Isaac might have a kind of RDJ thing going where they just nabbed a legitimately amazing actor and he propels the next phase of things on the strength of his performance alone.

I hope so, because the MCU needs a little kick.

A system of cells interlinked
I hope they give him a sidekick. Like Crescent Kid or something.

Meanwhile: Looking forward to this one!

Not gonna lie, I'm not feeling this one.

Maybe its the character or just that it hasn't appealed to me just yet.

Much more looking forward to Doctor Strange 2 or Ms Marvel perhaps.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I’m lumping the Marvel and SW together and saying this is the only thing I’ve been interested in since the D+ onslaught began.

I hope they give him a sidekick. Like Crescent Kid or something.
Moon Knight in the comics had a few interesting twists: initially he had 4 secret identities! One was Marc Spector (a mercenary), one was Steven Grant (billionaire playboy), one was Jake Lockley (a cab driver) and, of course "Moon Knight".

Most heroes have 2 identities - their real identity and their superhero identity. Moon Knight took it a step further to cover more ground.

As far as sidekicks - he did have one named Frenchie (who was more like Alfred than Robin) but Frenchie was far more of a pilot and field agent. Frenchie was also a mercenary. Moon Knight also had a girlfriend early on named Marlene who knew his secret and aided him in his missions.

I'd glad to see a photo because Moon Knight's costume in the comics always confused me - was it supposed to be stark white, or silver, or gray? But especially his mask under his hood - based on the way it was drawn you'd assume it was solid black because it was usually inked that way, but other times it would look the same color as his costume (either silver, gray or white).

Not gonna lie, I'm not feeling this one.

Maybe its the character or just that it hasn't appealed to me just yet.

Much more looking forward to Doctor Strange 2 or Ms Marvel perhaps.
I kind of agree. Aside from Moon Knight's few original aspects (and some very decent story runs in the comics), he always felt derivative of characters who came before (especially Batman).

I'm into it.

It kinda looks like he blacks out and ends up in insane situations. I don't know much about the character, so maybe someone who does can let me know if I'm interpreting that correctly. If so, that could be a pretty fun episodic thing to have him untangle each time it happens.

I'm into it.

It kinda looks like he blacks out and ends up in insane situations. I don't know much about the character, so maybe someone who does can let me know if I'm interpreting that correctly. If so, that could be a pretty fun episodic thing to have him untangle each time it happens.
Wiki:
Along with his costumed alter ego, he uses three other identities to gain information from different social circles: billionaire businessman Steven Grant, taxicab driver Jake Lockley and suited consultant Mr. Knight. It is later revealed Marc Spector has dissociative identity disorder (incorrectly referred to as schizophrenia in some stories) and that the alters known as Grant and Lockley originally manifested during his childhood, subsequent identities emerging during his adulthood.

Nice, so it sounds like they may indeed be doing something like that.

Could be good. Obviously Isaac being involved is great, and I wonder if that helped them attract Hawke, too. That's some legit talent involved.

Well, I know I'm not up on recent incarnations of characters, but one thing I remember is that Moon Knight (in any of his multiple identities) was never British.

One aspect I don't much care for is it seems they are trying to make Moon Knight's mask & costume incorporate mummy bandages.
Sure, mummies are associated with Egypt as is Moon Knight, but the hero himself has nothing to do with mummies and the look of being wrapped in bandages as opposed to the sleekness of his costume from the comics just doesn't seem to fit.

Seems another case of Hollywood throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the character... "Let's just take anything ever remotely associated with Egypt in movies and find a way to tie it in to the character," rather than sticking to the (sometimes more or less) subtle foundations of the character.

Tragedy has struck the cast as Gaspard Ulliel has died in skiing accident. He had been cast as Midnight Man.
This is terrible. Wish I'd read those posts before posting mine about the previews.