The Predator (another sequel)

Tools    

Looking forward to this
Predators are known for hunting in hot environments (which is why the two AvP movies made no sense)...

First film, based in a red hot jungle
Second film based in the city, during a heatwave
Third film was basically a rerun of the first

Fourth film, from the sound of that synopsis, is based in the desert
New surroundings compared to jungles and cities... hot environment... Shane Black on board writing and directing... with a Busey as part of the cast... definitely a Predator movie.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I take solace in knowing (possibly the only person I know of that likes Predator more than me) this news makes him happy.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...bloody-action/

Plot Synopsis:

"From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black’s explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe’s most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race."

CinemaCon trailer info  

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The Predator is being directed by Shane Black, who is, I think, capable of delivering hilarious films (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the fantastic film The Nice Guys), but I don't know how he'll deliver for a film like The Predator, which I don't think should be comedic. We'll see. I'm interested.

Welcome to the human race...
It's a matter of balancing the tone properly and grounding the comedic side of things in some genuinely solid dramatics, which I think he manages to do more often than not with the films he's written and/or directed. I'd say a significant part of what made the original Predator so good was how it nailed the comic chemistry between its main cast during the first act of the film so as to better sell the action/horror side of things once the Predator actually starting hunting them - this is an element that's kind of been lacking to one extent or another in every Predator-related movie since.

Black knows what he's doing tbh with Predator. He was hired for the original film in an acting role because McTiernan wanted a writer on set at all times, and whilst on the film he was doing uncredited rewrites as they were filming.
With the amount of changes made, all that was left of Jim and John Thomas' original script was basically "Soldiers, alien, jungle". By the time the film was completed, most of the movie was written by Black.

John McTiernan was a master of action, and Shane Black is a solid script writer... which is why the original was so much fun.
Be interesting to see how Black directs the new film.

This might just do nobody any good.
I keep forgetting this is exists.

“From the director of Iron Man 3”, huh?

Maybe they should've gone with "the script doctor on the original Predator who also played Hawkins".

Anyway, as for this trailer...hmm, can't say I'm particularly excited by it.

Maybe they should've gone with "the script doctor on the original Predator who also played Hawkins".

im not excited for a couple of reasons
1- its not the 80s anymore, the music score has no significance to any of the producers anymore, F***
2- no arnold
3-not directed by john mctiernan

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It looks as generic as all hell tbh.
Arnie or GTFO.
this is gold. Arnie can whiteknight me any day.

Lol Iro, me ole aussie mate just because I feel like calling you aussie, do you actually ever get excited?Atleast your delivery is fun,unlike whatsisname. I must go tell him the new murmerings on the teev. Bee back soon.

1- its not the 80s anymore, the music score has no significance to any of the producers anymore, F***
2- no arnold
why would you quote me for this

Besides, I'm okay with all of those particular factors - the trailer itself is kinda dull, but it is just a trailer and I'd still be wary of it if it leaned too hard on the call-backs like the Silvestri score (which they might well do in the next trailer), to say nothing of how weak Arnold's recent track record has been or that McTiernan doing the only classic installment of the franchise doesn't mean other directors don't get a shot at it (and you could certainly do worse than Shane Black). So...whatever, I guess. Maybe the next trailer will be set to "Long Tall Sally" and everyone will sh*t.

Lol Iro, me ole aussie mate just because I feel like calling you aussie, do you actually ever get excited?Atleast your delivery is fun,unlike whatsisname. I must go tell him the new murmerings on the teev. Bee back soon.
In this context, "whatsisname" could be anybody.

2- no arnold

Besides, I'm okay with all of those particular factors - the trailer itself is kinda dull, but it is just a trailer and I'd still be wary of it if it leaned too hard on the call-backs like the Silvestri score (which they might well do in the next trailer), to say nothing of how weak Arnold's recent track record has been or that McTiernan doing the only classic installment of the franchise doesn't mean other directors don't get a shot at it (and you could certainly do worse than Shane Black). So...whatever, I guess. Maybe the next trailer will be set to "Long Tall Sally" and everyone will sh*t.

In this context, "whatsisname" could be anybody.
That's your takeaway from my post? Oh man, I'm disappointed. Have an exciting weekend, matey.

Besides, I'm okay with all of those particular factors - the trailer itself is kinda dull, but it is just a trailer and I'd still be wary of it if it leaned too hard on the call-backs like the Silvestri score (which they might well do in the next trailer), to say nothing of how weak Arnold's recent track record has been or that McTiernan doing the only classic installment of the franchise doesn't mean other directors don't get a shot at it (and you could certainly do worse than Shane Black). So...whatever, I guess. Maybe the next trailer will be set to "Long Tall Sally" and everyone will sh*t.In this context, "whatsisname" could be anybody.
No reason maybe because i know u like 80s action just like me

That's your takeaway from my post? Oh man, I'm disappointed. Have an exciting weekend, matey.
Hard to know what to take away from your posts.

No reason maybe because i know u like 80s action just like me
Maybe so. I remain at least a little optimistic about the modern stuff, though.