What should I name my kitten?

Tools    

Humm for some reason the gemstone Tiger's Eye came into my head because of his lovely eyes, and that made me think of Obsidian and that made me think of Moai/Ahu Tongariki. Therefore, name = Ahu.

I tried...

Seriously, dude. It's in his eyes: "My name is Oscar."

You don't want him to have psychological developmental problems because you wouldn't listen and stuck him with the wrong name.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Don't call him Oscar, my sisters little rat-of-a-dog-Terrier-Jack Russell-cross is called Oscar.
He's got an intelligence lower than my Budgerigar and just barks at everything, all the time, all day... then pi$$es on the carpet.

Gadget seems to suit him.

I should note that anything which has connotations to things I love is a big plus. For example, our other cat is named Malcolm, after Captain Malcolm Reynolds. This has led my wife to lobby hard for "Simon" for the kitten. Which I like okay but don't love.

It's also disconcertingly important that the name be easy to say.

Yeah, but Yods could say "Go Go Gadget [insert verb]!" every single time he does anything.

Go Go Gadget Eat!
Go Go Gadget Out!
Go Go Gadget Poop!

etc etc etc

Ha. I already own a cat name Marsellus! I chose it because he was a total badass. So that's out. But obviously you hit the nail on the head with the thought process.

Other names we've considered:
  • Tuco (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)
  • Angel Eyes (same)
  • Jules (Pulp Fiction)
  • Vincent (same)
  • Stringer Bell (The Wire)
  • Delmar (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
  • Harpo (Marx Bros.)

Man, this is difficult...

How bout, um... Mongo.

um Mongo... or...

.... Umbongo?

My brother had a cat called Rikimaru, after the that Ninja Playstation game.

Yeah, Tuco's one of the first choices. Harpo's really growing on me, though. Both easy to say; former conveys his mischief (he's a little crazy) and the latter his general ditziness and appearance.

The thing about Angel Eyes, though, is that the character dresses in black and does have pretty piercing eyes. And the kitten does, too. His eyes are kind of ridiculous looking sometimes.

For a kitten this is pretty awesome. But it'll be less hysterical when he's, like, 10 lbs.

Capcom Classics Collection Volume One
Capcom is surprisingly not-terrible as a cat name.

That cat is so cute, I'm really jealous. I'm not allowed to have animals, sadly, so you better name him something cute.

You could always name hime Yoda, he'll be a junior you!