2021 Halloween Challenge

Tools    

Yeah, really enjoying Bava. In The Earth has opened up Wheatley’s filmography, so I need to backtrack and watch his other stuff.
La Llorona was a nice mix of horror and politics from Guatemala.

VC was good, as I mentioned previously, but a little stuffy at times.
I've enjoyed everything I've seen from Wheatley. I'd probably rank them like this:

Kill List
Field in England
Free Fire
Sightseers
High Rise

What did you think of Possessor?

After hearing it hyped by some viewers, then hearing other people be like "meh", and then actually watching it myself, I found myself really pleasantly surprised by it. I'm really looking forward to a rewatch.

Here's a Possessor-related anecdote: I was watching a film and I couldn't place an actor.
WARNING: spoilers below
I was like "I feel as if I saw this person . . . naked? But not in a sexy way. In an . . . . upsetting way?". Anyway, it was Christopher Abbott so those memories were VERY CORRECT

I... liked it?
Everything from the past week+ is a blur as my body's sleeping schedule took longer than usual to reset itself. But this was one of the highlights of the evening when I watched it. (that, Thirst, and Guru: The Mad Monk).

I remember...
finding it interesting how it seemed to start to explore the issue of swapped identity after seeing Titane only a few weeks ago.

I... liked it?
Everything from the past week+ is a blur as my body's sleeping schedule took longer than usual to reset itself. But this was one of the highlights of the evening when I watched it. (that, Thirst, and Guru: The Mad Monk).
Which Thirst?

remember...
finding it interesting how it seemed to start to explore the issue of swapped identity after seeing Titane only a few weeks ago.
Possessor is probably one of my favorite explorations of
body swapping, and specifically the way that her mind and his mind become entangled. I thought that aspect was really great.

Which Thirst?

Possessor is probably one of my favorite explorations of
body swapping, and specifically the way that her mind and his mind become entangled. I thought that aspect was really great.

The Park Chan-wook one.