What is bad about Facebook

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
No, that's awkward. I'm trying to explain what i meant but your just posting some giff of a child.

Facebook:

User1: *posts something*

User2: That's wrong!

Mob: I agree with user 2!

or...

User1: *posts something morally righteous*

1000 likes.

Well...that was a total exaggeration, a lot of posts are just funny...but the politics and accusations can get really bad.

This topic was made several years ago, in all fairness. But now that a lot of things have come to light, it's really obvious what's bad about facebook.

The algorithms which promote content similar to the content you've already viewed may seem innocent on the surface. It's benign for something like cat videos. But for misinformation and toxic agendas, it leads people down rabbit holes.

Also, Facebook has downplayed the effects of how it affects teenagers. Data has shown that social media makes teenage girls feel worse about their body image and even suicidal. Adults may be able to mindfully avoid being manipulated, but younger users may not know better.

Plus, FB hasn't been doing enough to handle the human trafficking (much of which occurs on the platform).

Most people trade one devil for another, Facebook for Twitter or Instagram.

I read on reddit the other day: I quitted my social platforms, now I feel like I don't exist to anyone.

Reddit is a more enjoyable platform, you can choose what pages to follow, and by that, usually, avoid toxic content.

I still have my Facebook, I was never a person of comparing, jealousy, I like to know how people are going.

I was also into some Facebook groups, but the content was largely off topic, I stopped paying attention.

What I never had is Instagram, I never understood it, everything is directed to appearances, not my thing.

I only use FB for free coms with family and close friends tbh.

No games, only one group which is a kind of D&D group.
I was member of a couple groups but as others have said, they get politically charged and end up with trolling and abuse.
The one I'm part of is pretty good though which is why I stayed in it.

I often only check FB maybe 3 times a week though. It's pretty boring.

It's a bit like how new internet browsers have defaulted themselves to have a home page that's basically just a spam site full of "news" that I find completely uninteresting or simply just troll bait.

I've been on Twitter a little more often recently, but I'm considering actually deleting the Twitter button on my browser.
You think FB is bad, Twitter is monstrous. Horrible pit of hatred and bile.

You ready? You look ready.
I've been on Twitter a little more often recently, but I'm considering actually deleting the Twitter button on my browser.
Twitter is like the platform of outrage. Pissed off? Tweet. Hate someone? Tweet. Stubbed your toe in the dark? Tweet.

Social media in general though is built around engagement and there are studies that show users create stronger bonds with hate than love. So if you wanna make money...hate is where it's at these days.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I don't do any social media, I value my privacy far too much to allow social media to spy on me. But if I did Twitter or Facebook I'd use a browser with tab containers to isolate the site in a walled container box. That way they can't read the other cookies and site media stored on your device and then follow you around the net, spamming you with targeted ads.

I don't do any social media, I value my privacy far too much to allow social media to spy on me. But if I did Twitter or Facebook I'd use a browser with tab containers to isolate the site in a walled container box. That way they can't read the other cookies and site media stored on your device and then follow you around the net, spamming you with targeted ads.
I used to do that exact thing for work back when I dabbled in social media 6-7 years ago. Nothing more hilarious than an algorithm trying to profile you account for client X based on your web activity for client Y.

I don’t use anything either and only read Reddit, never post.

You ready? You look ready.
One thing that absolutely sucks with Reddit is their mobile platform. Try viewing in a web browser and it'll just spam you with popups that say download the app and you can't view ****.

Duplicate Account (locked)

Twitter is basically the choice platform for people who don't get sick of arguing about politics. I guess it all depends on your feed, but the major problem with Facebook is it's meant to be a "real" bio, so it's more of a creepy violation of privacy than Twitter. I think they're both really horrible.

Some folks like reddit, and it is a good way to research things, but I still dont have an interest in using it on a regular basis because folks are still pretty mean spirited and snarky.