1. The Man with a Movie Camera vs. 16. Amadeus
8. Touch of Evil vs. 9. Heavenly Creatures
5. Out of the Past vs. 12. Heat
4. Mildred Pierce vs. 13. Platoon
6. The French Connection vs. 11. Pulp Fiction
3. Cabaret vs. 14. Midnight Cowboy
7. Persona vs. 10. Fight Club
2. A Boy and His Dog vs. 15. Million Dollar Baby

Voting for this bracket lasts until July 22nd. Enjoy!

How do you like this one, Mark?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

How do you like this one, Mark?
Both the winner and loser are great, so I'll take what happens.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Both the winner and loser are great, so I'll take what happens.
You probably feel about as slighted as I was with the Sunset Boulevard/Grapes of Wrath matchup. Although I'm not sure Grapes of Wrath has enough followers to get it far regardless of many of these matchups.

Strangely, I've only seen 6 movies so far in total of bracket 4, and I can't vote on any of the matchups. But I've got A Boy and His Dog lined up for a viewing for tomorrow, to start things off. I'd like to see Out of the Past and The French Connection as well.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
3. Cabaret vs. 14. Midnight Cowboy -OUCH! That hurts!!!!

Mildred Pierce vs. Platoon
Hmm, I smell cheating.

You haven't ticked off Mildred Pierce in your 100 film noirs list even though you've just updated your Cannes' Award winners list. If memory serves, you also nominated Platoon. Did you actually watch Mildred Pierce or is this just a vote for the film you nominated?

You haven't ticked off Mildred Pierce in your 100 film noirs list even though you've just updated your Cannes' Award winners list. If memory serves, you also nominated Platoon. Did you actually watch Mildred Pierce or is this just a vote for the film you nominated?
In fairness, I've seen part of Mildred Pierce (the Joan Crawford one) -- just like Mark F has seen part of Good Burger. I almost stopped myself with this entry because I remember liking what I saw with Mildred Pierce, but I don't think it would have got my vote, anyway.

Now stop investigating me. Bad boy.

In fairness, I've seen part of Mildred Pierce (the Joan Crawford one) -- just like Mark F has seen part of Good Burger. I almost stopped myself with this entry because I remember liking what I saw with Mildred Pierce, but I don't think it would have got my vote, anyway.

Now stop investigating me. Bad boy.
I told you, Mark. Look what you started. The whole thing's gonna come crashing down. People are gonna watch five minutes of a film and then vote.

SC, watch the damn film. It's good and worthy of your time. Don't follow Mark's lead, he's a troublemaker.

Brodinski, great sleuthing.

This whole thing is nightmarish. I haven't seen most of the films in this competition and I'm certainly not in the mood to spend my current movie watching time checking them all out just for this thing. I should have just not bothered with this game.

Lighten up, Sexy. At least Ferris Bueller will likely advance to the next round.

Nice to see that there's 3 Michael Curtiz films nominated in this tournament. I'm certain of Angels With Dirty Faces (nominated it myself) and Mildred Pierce, but iirc Casablanca was nominated too.

Anyway, I have to get a hold of Man With The Movie Camera, Mildred Pierce, Persona and A Boy And His Dog. I might not bother with Cabaret and Midnight Cowboy, and they seem like the kind of movies for which you have to be in the right mood to fully appreciate them. And I'm rarely in the mood to watch a musical (not my cup of tea).

I have Midnight Cowboy (on Blu-ray) to watch, but haven't stuck it in and watched it yet. I've seen part of it before - years ago. I have never seen Cabaret, though.

I was disappointed that Fight Club got paired up with Persona, since I believe that's a favorite around here. I picked Fight Club. I thought it had a good chance to win -- I wasn't even real keen on picking it -- didn't it win some other kind of contest around here?

Joan Crawford was quite an actress. Here's some of her best slapping moments.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Anyway, I have to get a hold of Man With the Movie Camera, Mildred Pierce, Persona and A Boy and His Dog. I might not bother with Cabaret and Midnight Cowboy, and they seem like the kind of movies for which you have to be in the right mood to fully appreciate them. And I'm rarely in the mood to watch a musical (not my cup of tea).
This confuses me. What sort of mood do you have to be in to watch Cabaret and Midnight Cowboy which makes them different from the other four movies? The "I Will Try to Like a mark f Fave Mood"? HA! Maybe some people think they're depressing or too serious, but I find them two of the funniest films ever made. Plus Cabaret is unlike any other musical. It doesn't have anybody sing or dance who isn't working in a 1931 Berlin cabaret, except for probably the best scene in the whole movie which could never be called "someone just bursting into song".