Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

Ben Stiller is too old. He's almost 50.

I immediately think of Seth Rogen for this. I know that's typical, but I can't help it. I think he's a joy.

No, no, no. You don't understand it, Rodent. I can FEEL him being right for a new Ghostbusters movie. He has a presence and a charisma that would be right for it. He is not at all like Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider. Get real.

Ben Stiller?! Oh, please. He's so over. He's heading towards maturity. He's had his time.

The death of Harold Ramis has put a very big spanner in the works for fans of GB.

Bill Murray has officially stated that he's out after all the silence and speculation of his involvement with the third film.
Ivan Reitman has also dropped out as Ramis' death hit him very hard. He and Ramis were very close friends and Reitman no longer wants to carry on the project.

However... Sony are pressing ahead anyway. Filming is due to start this year for a 2015 release.
No input from Murray, nor Reitman, no input now from writer Ramis obviously... and possibly no input from Aykroyd either.

So in other words, a gigantic turd is on it's way to destroy our childhoods.
I don't even need to keep everyone apprised of my bodily functions anymore, you can predict them. Amazing!

it won't be the same without Harold ramis, I don't think they should make a 3rd one just to respect his death ya know.

Some more ridiculous news....

After years of struggling to develop Ghostbusters 3, Sony Pictures is entertaining the idea of a female-driven reboot of the original cult hit that would be written, directed and produced by Bridesmaids filmmaker Paul Feig.

While Sony was believed to be happy with the last draft of Ghostbusters 3 which was written by Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder), the studio has had second thoughts and reversed course, sparking to Feig's empowered take and discussing his rewriting the project from scratch.

Source: The Wrap

Ugh...

I still think Ackroyd's input toward using the Higgs-Boson particle as part of the plot and have a handover to a younger group by him and Ernie Hudson (and hopefully Bill Murray too) is the best way to go.

All-Girl-Ghostbusters... ?

Just sounds like a gimmick.

Of course, include a girl or two, but it just sounds too twee.

All-Girl-Ghostbusters... ?

Just sounds like a gimmick.

Of course, include a girl or two, but it just sounds too twee.
I agree in a way. I just hope it doesn't become another type of Melissa McCarthy crapfest. Besides, it shouldn't even be called Ghostbusters 3. It's not even part of the original two.

Feig isn't even that good a director.

The Heat?
Knocked Up?
Bridesmaids?
Bad Teacher?

Been over his filmography and haven't seen a single film that was any good. Chick-Flicks with little substance.

The other thing, Ghsotbusters needs decent actors who are also comedic geniuses. Ackroyd, Murray, Ramis... are there any female stars with their qualities? Both of those qualities?

No. Is the answer. Not in the immediate Hollywood circle there isn't.

The closest is Anna Faris... and she's not really a comedy genius. She's only good if there's a decent writer and director behind her. Feig is neither.

I can see the boardroom coversation now...

"Girlbusters!!! So, who can we get in the roles?"
"Cameron Diaz has done comedy"
"Yes! She'll do!"
"Sandra Bullock once did a humorous role"
"Get her on board, now"
"Anna Faris? She can be the ditsy one like in Scary Movie"
"Nice choice! But we need a tough one as well, the Everyman... sorry, Everygirl. Kinda like the Ernie Hudson role"
"Milla Jovovich"
"Perfect!!"
"What about a Male role? We need a reverse Dana Barrett... has to be someone that will draw the girls in even more so than just having Girlbusters as our angle"
"I know!!"
"Who?"
"Robert Pattinson!! We can have him turn into a creature!! You know, Dana turned into a Dog, so he can turn into a Cat!!!!!!! Cameron Diaz has to save him"
"Perfect!"

I like her in RE... her natural non-talent is perfect for the crappy script...

But not in Ghostbusters.

Some more ridiculous news....

After years of struggling to develop Ghostbusters 3, Sony Pictures is entertaining the idea of a female-driven reboot of the original cult hit that would be written, directed and produced by Bridesmaids filmmaker Paul Feig.

While Sony was believed to be happy with the last draft of Ghostbusters 3 which was written by Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder), the studio has had second thoughts and reversed course, sparking to Feig's empowered take and discussing his rewriting the project from scratch.

Source: The Wrap
That's going to happen. I guarantee it. Everything's female driven right now. Men are considered obsolete and women are taking over their roles.

It's happening.

"Ghostbusters 3" to star 'hilarious women' says director Paul Feig

25 years of rumors and rumors and rumors and speculation and Dan Aykroyd and more Dan Aykroyd and no Bill Murray... and we're getting an all-female version of Ghostbusters.

Dan Aykroyd's screenwriting is being replaced by the screenwriting of... Katie Dippold.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostbusters_ladyheads.jpg
Views:	1250
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	17977  

Lot of cynics in here! Give it a chance. I could go either way on it. Hit or miss, obviously it looks like Melissa McCarthy will be cast, her and Feig have been working a lot together. I'd like to see a nobody get it and be as cool as Bill Murray but that's asking a lot. We shall see how this turns out.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

''You're a big man but you're out of shape!''
Sorry guys (and gals) but I've never met a hilarious woman anywhere!

i will try to see it