Movie Trade-Off Game, V2.0

Tools    

Hey dude, I'm going to go with your first choice, Zelig. I haven't seen many Woody Allen films; I think I need to brush up a little.

I'll recommend this:

In my own words, it's immaculate, ambitious and powerful. Stunning... compelling... a film that has to be seen! I hope you haven't seen it. If you have, I'll pick something else!
Sounds good, ill watch it this weekend!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
When you guys do match ups again, I want in. I used to play once upon a time.
If you want to play right now, you can play with me.

Watch either Meet Me in St. Louis or The Beguiled. They both have little girls doing naughty things...

Tell me what you want me to watch.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
If you want to play right now, you can play with me.

Watch either Meet Me in St. Louis or The Beguiled. They both have little girls doing naughty things...

Tell me what you want me to watch.
Yea! I'll watch Meet Me in St. Louis. I'm pretty sure I've seen The Beguiled.

I'm just going to list some movies, because I know you've seen just about everything so hopefully there's one you haven't. Heartless; No One Knows About Persian Cats; Enter the Void, Paperhouse

Not seen any of those?

Awe bummer, it's a great movie. I'll give you a few to choose from this time-

Westworld

Good Will Hunting

Requiem for a Dream

I have seen and own all three but i am going to watch Westworld as i haven't seen it for a few yrs

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
I have seen and own all three but i am going to watch Westworld as i haven't seen it for a few yrs
oh my bad, they weren't checked off on your movie list

Is white trash beautiful
K I watched Dark victory and I posted what I thought of it in the Movie trade of tab, thanks again Ash.

I have yet to post reviews of 2 films: The Night Hunter & High Risk, and I haven't seen either of them.

So please bear with me for a week or 2, cos I am swamped with work & outdoor trips. Sorry.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i watched La Belle et la Bete last night, so i'll write my review up tonight.

we are still waiting on several members. i'm going to wait til Sunday and see who's left then.

I am trying to find Dog Star Man... but zip.ca doesn`t have it, netflix doesn`t have it, I don`t live close enough to Queen Video or any other decent video store any more, even the local library that surprisingly has a whole bunch of criterion titles doesn`t have it, and I`m not sure about buying it for $40 or whatever.

I have a VHS copy of Dog Star Man taped off Turner Classic Movies but I'd have to look for it (since I've moved since I last watched it). I realize that's not helpful but I know that Netflix rents that DVD. Remember it's on this DVD at Netflix. The reason I know they rent it is it's in my Netflix queue and currently available.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
yeah, but it depends. i know a friend of mine who lives in Wisconsin doesn't get the same things available that i do here in Florida a lot of the time. wouldn't it matter where the closest warehouse to you is?

I am trying to find Dog Star Man... but zip.ca doesn`t have it, netflix doesn`t have it, I don`t live close enough to Queen Video or any other decent video store any more, even the local library that surprisingly has a whole bunch of criterion titles doesn`t have it, and I`m not sure about buying it for $40 or whatever.
Netflix has it, it's in a volume called "By Brakhage" the first volume. It's a criterion.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

yeah, but it depends. i know a friend of mine who lives in Wisconsin doesn't get the same things available that i do here in Florida a lot of the time. wouldn't it matter where the closest warehouse to you is?
Yes, but if you put it first, they will do their best to get it to you, even if it takes an extra day or two. That's one thing about Netflix... if they say it's available, they'll send it to you. If you type in Dog Star Man nothing showa up, so I just want to make sure that stevo checked for the correct DVD.

Also, I'm going to be late with my film recommendation since I'm going to be on travel for the next week and a half. After that I should have time to get around to it.

Unfortunately I have Canadian netflix, so most good stuff, including By Brakhage, is not on it.