MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Also, this isn’t even fun when my team can’t even get a catch throughout the day. It’s ridiculous. CEH returns and takes the TD that Williams would have normally gotten.
I’m just annoyed.

*sigh*

The whole KC offense is struggling, Mahomes having problems too. The cheap TD is basically the only fantasy-relevant thing that's happened in that game.

Also, this isn’t even fun when my team can’t even get a catch throughout the day. It’s ridiculous. CEH returns and takes the TD that Williams would have normally gotten.
I’m just annoyed.

*sigh*
Yeah, that's my bad... sorry. I should have warned you that as soon as I said he wasn't going to play much today he was almost guaranteed a touchdown.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, that's my bad... sorry. I should have warned you that as soon as I said he wasn't going to play much today he was almost guaranteed a touchdown.
No worries.

I need to finish on a 3 game winning streak to go 7-7 with a outside chance of making the playoffs.

It can happen, right? Right?!

……guys?

Football being dumb as usual, yeah.

If it "helps" I don't think it matters this week: even the optimal lineup probably wouldn't have done it. Just one of those lame "nobody shows up" losses. I find those a lot better than "I woulda won if I'd started X," personally.

Its been a gruesome stretch for Fantasy Sports this year. The injuries in baseball followed over into football and its made for very long drawn out seasons. Sure hope its different in 2022.

I mentioned Adam as the QB whisperer, might be fair to say Hey Fred's got the same thing going with RBs. He went RB-RB last year and it went great for him, and he did it again this year and both guys are in the top 5.

A system of cells interlinked
I really needed the win this week, as next week has Arizona (read: half my team) on a bye. Glad I pulled on out this week. GG PW!

Another week where at least I don't have to wait for MNF to know if I won or lost. I lost.

After winning two whole games in a row I am back where I belong. I actually had a decent week and might have had a chance were it not for my quarterback situation. Lamar Jackson was a Sunday afternoon scratch so I had to go to the waiver wire for a QB. Picked up Garoppolo then second-guessed myself and picked up and started Baker Mayfield. The Browns won, barely, but Baker was pretty lousy. He did throw a TD but also two picks and didn't manage double digits. Garoppolo wasn't a whole lot better stats wise, but at least he got 19 points. Even if I had started him those extra ten points were not going to make a difference.

Other than my QB situation my guys all did pretty well, really. Davante Adams had 27 fantasy points in their loss, Frisco's Deebo had 94 yards and a TD (though mostly on runs), Kittle had another TD, Devonta Freeman had 80 total yards and the game-winning TD for The Ravens, and even Jarvis Landry got his first TD of the season. Plus 14 points from my kicker!

BUT The Parrotheads had Jonathan Taylor who put up a fiddyburger with his five scores and 204 total yards as well as Aaron Rogers who earned 41.50 himself. I know what a great day Taylor had because I have him in my other league and he helped me cruise to an easy victory there, too. The only other player Parrot had with a double digit score was Mark Andrews and his 11.30, but that was plenty. And he still has Mike Evans going tonight. Even if Lamar had started and had a strong game it likely wasn't going to be enough. At least it would have been closer.

Looks like there are going to be five of us bunched up at the bottom at 4-7. We'll see how it finishes up but I believe my total lack of points may sink me right back down to number twelve again. Where I belong.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Kinda wild, though, that only four games separate first and last. Two sub-.500 teams are currently in line for playoff spots. This is easily the most parity the league has ever had.

I mentioned Adam as the QB whisperer, might be fair to say Hey Fred's got the same thing going with RBs. He went RB-RB last year and it went great for him, and he did it again this year and both guys are in the top 5.

Last year, Cook and Jones were pretty established so I felt really good landing them both. This year I was more hoping that the two I drafted would work. Wasn't sure though. Harris, being a rookie, I thought was a real gamble and if it worked I'd be okay but if it didn't it could be an ugly season. All the preseason projections about Harris turned out to be right - the Steelers plan to feed him the ball and they do. Taylor I wasn't sold on. I thought it was going to be a committee thing in Indy with Taylor being the primary back but not anything special. Seemed a little bit of a reach for round 1. Was really hoping Hill or Addams would slip and when they didn't I was hoping to scoop up Kelce, then he went right before me. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Oh yeah, very often I'll make a trade offer someone doesn't take that saves my bacon, or I want someone to drop and it ends up being great that they didn't, as you just described.

I was with you on Taylor, I would've avoided him unless there was no one else. Not sure if there was much suggesting this kind of break out was coming, though I guess in retrospect we all could've assigned a modest chance to it simply because they figured to reevaluate the offense with Wentz in there. Any kind of new coach/QB/whatever carries with it that random potential.