Re93animator's Music Thread

Tools    

Finally getting to listen to this. Grats on getting it up on Spotify btw. I can stream the hell out of this. I'm currently on The Rot. LOVE the arpeggiating synth against those guitars. Your production is spot on as far as I can hear in these first few tracks.

I'm curious if you had any visuals in mind while writing this? It feels very much like a soundtrack to something. As another noted earlier, it is very organic. I really need to hear this over video now. It just begs to be used.
Thank you. I remember being excited by the main riff when I was making it, but my ears are just numb to it at this point.

Well, I generally have a vague story in my head when making an album. I didn't go as far as writing a companion for this one, but I imagined a nightly, dusty, flame-lit, red, old western village with remnants of a stone age history and cultish townsfolk. Therein they bury certain citizens & fortunes with deceased masters as tribute (akin to real Sumerian death pits). The sun eventually rises to end on a brighter note, but I honestly couldn't figure out what the brighter note should be. Though I had a vague picture of a man on horseback riding away from the town & all of its associated gloom; I felt this as a metaphor for finally turning one's back on soul-sucking externalities or longstanding toxic influences. Am I getting too pretentious yet?

I'd love to have better visual accompaniment, but I've tried, and filmmaking/video editing is just not my thing.

A new doom-y track:

I’ve also been working on a cyberpunk album for a little over a year, but I’ve really soured on it and may just relegate it to an EP. Here’s a tentative taste:

Nice. I really like the one you said you've soured on. I'm curious what you don't like about it?

Nice. I really like the one you said you've soured on. I'm curious what you don't like about it?
Thank you. I think it feels a little soulless, but it’s moreso the other tracks. The rest of what I got is too clusterf*cky. I’m just not feeling it as a whole.