Mention Tag and Spaces

Tools    

Stupid question, maybe, but I couldn't find anything... how do we handle spaces in usernames when using the mention tag?

Use the 'Advanced' reply box, highlight the entire username and hit the mention button ( looks like a speaker to me) at the righthand end of the bottom line of buttons. I believe one or two names do still cause complications though in which case ping Yods about it.

Like this (sans asterisks):

[mention*]mark f[/mention*]

This is the format you'll see if you use the @, in the actual post (if you edit it after) it'll have converted it into that. Also, if you're using the WYSIWYG editor, it's the little blue megaphone icon. Hit that and it'll enter the tags for ya'.

Use the 'Advanced' reply box, highlight the entire username and hit the mention button ( looks like a speaker to me) at the righthand end of the bottom line of buttons. I believe one or two names do still cause complications though in which case ping Yods about it.
This works, too! If you just hit the button it'll add empty tags and put your cursor between them and everything, but the above is better if the name's already sitting there.

Re: complicates. Yeah, I think there's some edge cases with quotes and weird characters.

Huh, I'm pretty sure I've tried that with usernames with spaces and it hasn't worked, but let's see...

@mark f

WTF! I'm 99% sure I had tried just typing it SEVERAL times and it just didn't work. Do I feel stupid now.

Thanks!

LOL, I just realized. It's because the user I had been trying to "mention", a former RT/Corrie, had a space in his username back there... so whenever I tried to mention him, I put the space But I just realized, he didn't use the space here