Breathtaking Cinematography

Tools    

ooo god seeing that freeky ringu pic brings back some memories,not good ones.both the japanese version and the american version scared the hell outa me.but back on the topic of cinematography; Bridge over the river kwai,house of sand and fog,last samurai,citizen kane,and iv heard good things about master and commander(havent seen it yet but ill get it wen it comes out on the 20th).

A system of cells interlinked
Chinatown

Technical brilliance!

Brazil

Vertigo

Two of my all time favorite films, by two of my all time favorite directors...

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
Wasnt there a movie called The Red Shoes that was a crappy movie they made for CBS during christmas last year?

are we meant to talk about the beautiful landscape, cinematography or just good sets? i'm confused

I think we mean camera work, lighting used in shots. thats what im talking about anyways.

Originally Posted by SaintDant3
Wasnt there a movie called The Red Shoes that was a crappy movie they made for CBS during christmas last year?
no the red shoes was made in 1948

here's a little about the film:

The Red Shoes

Synopsis: Tale of a famous ballerina who must choose between art and love.

Movie details continue below

Statistics

Genre(s):
Dance
Rating: Not available
Runtime: 134 mins.

Distributor(s):
General Film Distributors
Kino International
Eagle Lion Films
Hallmark Home Entertainment
Theatrical Release: Not available
Video Release: Not available
Locations

Pinewood Studios, London, England, United Kingdom\ England, United Kingdom

Cast & Role

Anton Walbrook Lermontov
Marius Goring Julian Craster
Moira Shearer Victoria Page
Robert Helpmann Ivan Boleslawsky
Leonide Massine Ljubov
Albert Basserman Ratov
Ludmilla Tcherina Boronskaya
Esmond Knight Livy

Crew & Credit

Michael Powell Director
Emeric Pressburger Director
Michael Powell Producer
Emeric Pressburger Producer
Jack Cardiff Director of Photography

Ooooh, ok. i think there was a movie on CBS with that guy from West Wing. w.e ok, thanx for clearin that up for me.

Originally Posted by SaintDant3
Ooooh, ok. i think there was a movie on CBS with that guy from West Wing. w.e ok, thanx for clearin that up for me.
i think that was called the christmas shoes..didn't see it

here's a little about that one

The Christmas Shoes

1hr 35min

Shirley Douglas, Dorian Harewood, Rob Lowe ...more

This sentimental made-for-TV drama was based on the bestselling novel by Donna VanLiere, which in turn was inspired by the popular song of the same name. Rob Lowe stars as Robert Layton, a workaholic attorney who sorely neglects his family, even during the Christmas season. Clearly, Layton is overdue for a "humanizing" treatment, which comes in the form of a little boy named Nathan Andrews (Max Morrow). Learning that his mother, Maggie (Kimberly Williams), is dying from congenital heart failure, and unable to financially rely upon his underemployed father, Jack (Hugh Thompson), Nathan goes about collecting tin cans ... Read moreThis sentimental made-for-TV drama was based on the bestselling novel by Donna VanLiere, which in turn was inspired by the popular song of the same name. Rob Lowe stars as Robert Layton, a workaholic attorney who sorely neglects his family, even during the Christmas season. Clearly, Layton is overdue for a "humanizing" treatment, which comes in the form of a little boy named Nathan Andrews (Max Morrow). Learning that his mother, Maggie (Kimberly Williams), is dying from congenital heart failure, and unable to financially rely upon his underemployed father, Jack (Hugh Thompson), Nathan goes about collecting tin cans and other throwaways so that he can afford an expensive pair of red shoes for his ailing mom. Nathan's plight not only touches Layton, but also has a heartwarming trickle-down effect on the lawyer's estranged family. The Christmas Shoes debuted December 1, 2002, on CBS. ~ Hal Erickson,

hope this helps

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
The Red Shoes...
As nice a film as The Red Shoes is, Pidd, it pales in comparison to Black Narcissus (d. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1947). Where the first is nice, sweet and melodramatic [and, yes, extremely well photographed], the latter transcends its melodrama and becomes something else together. And in terms of its photography, it's simply astounding.

jean de florrette or wutever its called and its follow up manon of the spring ,once again i dont know if these r the real names but theyy were really good films.btw thy are in french.

Originally Posted by Nitro_69
jean de florrette or wutever its called and its follow up manon of the spring ,once again i dont know if these r the real names but theyy were really good films.btw thy are in french.
by A dikshonary moreon,

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
As nice a film as The Red Shoes is, Pidd, it pales in comparison to Black Narcissus (d. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1947). Where the first is nice, sweet and melodramatic [and, yes, extremely well photographed], the latter transcends its melodrama and becomes something else together. And in terms of its photography, it's simply astounding.
I haven't seen Black Narcissus but I will if I get the chance. To tell you the truth, The Red Shoes was a bit too melodramatic for my taste, but it looked damn good. Especially the famous dancing scene was breathtaking.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Oooooh, good one, Silver, real good. No joke, buddy, no f_cking joke. You have noticed Internet lingo. So what if I choose to write in short sentences, live with it. It's shorter and easier for everyone [except of course, those who are forced to read it]. Tell me something here, do you expect everyone to type in proper grammar ONLINE, the one place where no-one has to? Maybe if I was writing something serious, but not in a two-line post, buddy.

EDIT: Now, doesn't that look a whole lot nicer? Don't make me do this again, Bubbles.

Originally Posted by Nitro_69
tell me somethin here.. do u expect every1 to type in proper grammer ONLINE,the one place where no one has to.
I do. It's just courtesy, making it as easy as possible to read your thoughts. Butt ofkorse u dont have 2.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by susan
i think that was called the christmas shoes..didn't see it

here's a little about that one

The Christmas Shoes

1hr 35min

Shirley Douglas, Dorian Harewood, Rob Lowe ...more

This sentimental made-for-TV drama was based on the bestselling novel by Donna VanLiere, which in turn was inspired by the popular song of the same name. Rob Lowe stars as Robert Layton, a workaholic attorney who sorely neglects his family, even during the Christmas season. Clearly, Layton is overdue for a "humanizing" treatment, which comes in the form of a little boy named Nathan Andrews (Max Morrow). Learning that his mother, Maggie (Kimberly Williams), is dying from congenital heart failure, and unable to financially rely upon his underemployed father, Jack (Hugh Thompson), Nathan goes about collecting tin cans ... Read moreThis sentimental made-for-TV drama was based on the bestselling novel by Donna VanLiere, which in turn was inspired by the popular song of the same name. Rob Lowe stars as Robert Layton, a workaholic attorney who sorely neglects his family, even during the Christmas season. Clearly, Layton is overdue for a "humanizing" treatment, which comes in the form of a little boy named Nathan Andrews (Max Morrow). Learning that his mother, Maggie (Kimberly Williams), is dying from congenital heart failure, and unable to financially rely upon his underemployed father, Jack (Hugh Thompson), Nathan goes about collecting tin cans and other throwaways so that he can afford an expensive pair of red shoes for his ailing mom. Nathan's plight not only touches Layton, but also has a heartwarming trickle-down effect on the lawyer's estranged family. The Christmas Shoes debuted December 1, 2002, on CBS. ~ Hal Erickson,

hope this helps
ya, thats the crappy crap i was talkin about. lol. i never saw the red shoes.

LOTR
Matrix

Lawrence of Arabia

Schilders List

Raging Bull

Barry Lyndon

Chinatown

Platoon

2001: A Space Odyssey

All great choices, bro.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
SO)ARIS

I just saw this recently and have rewatched again. I absolutely love this film!