Describe your stomping grounds.

Tools    

How interesting... how everyone who accesses this page lives in such diverse places.... from a long highway of a town where prickchoppers have lived... to the gothic Lund... to an extinct volcano!

I must become Caligari..!
I live on Perth, Australia.

It is the most isolated city in the World, Its got a total population of about 1 295 100.
It’spretty dull and a lot of the time I really want to move, The Wether of the place reminds me heaps of San Diego.

I live in a town in Perth called Fremantle about a half hour drive from the city centre. Freo (Fremantle) is a very........... Cultural (if that’s a word) place, with heaps of Cafes, Restaurants and Trendy Shops. My Neighbourhood is not very good, it has lots of crime (mostly Vandalism i.e. stealing of mail ect).

Skyline

Map

Big Map
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

HONDO!!!!!!!!!

We are only 30 minutes away............Sorrento here............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I live in Mount Gambier, which is at the very bottom of South Australia. It is founded at the base of an extinct volcano, and was discovered in the 1700s when some guy spotted the peak [it is surrounded by plains, so don't think spotting its peak was anything special; the "mountain" is basically a larger than average hill] from an exploration ship of sorts. Anyway. Mount Gambier [it tells itself] is "world famous" for the Blue Lake. A lake that is [basically] uncharacteristically blue for six months of the year. Apparently because of the bacteria in it. This is also the source of the town's drinking water [my family gets rain water]. Add two and two, please.

The people are interesting enough. Very much preoccupied with sport, and very unnaccepting of anyone who succeeds in anything other than it. I have a love/hate relationship with the place. I really dislike many, many aspects [the local newspaper is a travesty, for example], but at the same time, the closer I get to leaving it, the more certain I am that evntually I will be coming back for some reason. The screenplay I am writing at the moment mixes my two feelings; it hates the people that live in the area, it hates their attitudes and mannerisms, but it paints a picture of suprising beauty. We have vineyards and astounding coastline, bushland, farmland, all these things that look amazing. And it is home, as different and detached as I often feel.

I might go into more later, if there are any questions.

The best place in town, by the way, is the Church. It is a standard, normal Church, but it strikes fear in my heart everytime I go near it. It is awe inspiring, though it isn't really very different. Maybe all churches do that to me...
The above is always where I live, our biggest tourist attraction is a hole with water in it, our next biggest are the caves (more holes in the ground) and after that we have a cave garden which is a very big and ugly hole. People wonder why i often descirbe it as mount hole, but as matt said it is unfortunatly 'home'

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Sir Toose
God i'd love to hear you order a burrito or a flauta...

Record that on the voice thread please...

For me?

I'm shy....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally posted by Gracie
I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA. It's 5:13 pm Wednesday April 29, 2003 right now and it's swimming and kayaking weather, about 70-75 F. I was born and I'm still being raised in Pittsburgh, and I love it. The neighborhood I live in is nice, although I think we have a drug-deal 50 ft away, but it's near a huge shopping cneter with every store you can think of in it, and a nice biking/hiking trail within walking distance.

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh has really bad taxes and alot of people are leaving. I don't have many friends that I know in person, but I do have everyone here on MoFo. I don't really need to get out for a change of pace anyway because we have a HUGE yard. The biggest in the neighborhood! Plus, Pittsburgh has one of the nicest stadiums! Really, how many stadiums have an Outback Steakhouse in them? Plus, the Primanti's sandwich is the most heavenly sandwich you'll ever taste!
this is bs
You might see us floating by-i--i

Originally posted by NexijunRodent

this is bs

Care to explain that...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

*WARNING* *WARNING* *DANGER NEXIJUNRODENT!!!* *DANGER!!!*
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Care to explain that...
No, you heard what I said.

No, you heard what I said.
Seeing as how volume isn't an issue, yes, she "heard" you. What she didn't "hear" is any justification or rationale for your claim. Dig?

my rationale is simply this...

dig?

my rationale is simply this...
Thanks for clearing that up, Satan. How goes the gnashing of teeth?

dig?
Not in the least, Pablo.

whats you deal yo? just because i'm not "caucasion" like you appear to be in your pic doesn't mean you have to give me a hard time.

I also find your calling me pablo offensive. i'm not a mexican, i'm a nexijun, why dont you do a little research and into pacific equitorial nationalities... cracker

whats you deal yo?
Uh, my "deal" is that I don't have loads of patience for people who post strange comments and pretend not to understand when someone asks them what the heck they're talking about.

just because i'm not "caucasion" like you appear to be in your pic doesn't mean you have to give me a hard time.
I have no idea what your race is, nor do I see how it has anything to do with this discussion.

In case it wasn't obvious to you originally, I use "Pablo" in the same way I'd use "guy" or "Sparky." Ever hear the phrase "no way, Jose"? Same idea. Take your paranoia and kneejerk offense elsewhere, Bubba.

truce?

If you feel it necessary, sure, but I didn't think we were actually fighting. A few of us are just wondering just what your first post in this thread is supposed to mean. That's really all there is to this.

dude why can't you just say truce and let it go. theres obviously some areas of my life i just can't talk about. and you repititively asking me about them isn't helping me right now.

lets just forget about it comprende?