Please recommend a book

Tools    

I would recommend books in the new emerging science/philosophy called "Transhumanism." Search it on the internet, you will get tons of book listings. Very cool stuff.

Originally Posted by jrs
Ever read War and Peace ????
Yes I have. Have you?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yes I have. Have you?
I would first like to say "Congrats on that." I'll probably never get the chance to read it.

Must had had a lot of time. Was it good?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Beware the Moon
The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley are excellent books (13 to date).
American Psycho is pretty good too

Ever read any of George R.R. Martin's stuff, Slay?

Originally Posted by Garrett
Ever read any of George R.R. Martin's stuff, Slay?
Never heard of 'em. You like, eh?

Recommend a particular book.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I really liked Nick Hornby's High Fidelity. In fact it's probably my favourite book at the moment, well with Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four .

I've just started reading Generation X by Douglas Coupland. It's about a group of friends who escape from their dull commercially indulgent lives to live in a desert and conjure up magnificent stories to entertain each other with. It's quite groovy.

Have you read the Hannibal Lecter series by Thomas Harris? Out of the three books I actually enjoyed Hannibal the most.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
...Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four .

Have you read the Hannibal Lecter series by Thomas Harris?
I've rad, and loved, Nineteen Eighty-Four. I did a quick afternoon read of his Animal Farm a couple of weeks ago as well.

I haven't read any of the Hannibal books. I'll put them on my list.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
by George R.R. Martin
It's a refreshing fantasy series. Refreshing from the typical LOTR wannabe's that have come out recently, I mean.

The Cabinet of Curiosities
by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
This is one of the best books I've read recently.

I recommend "Satan: His psychotherapy and cure by the unfortunate Dr. Kasslar, J.S.P.S." by Jeremy Leven.

Not only is this book incredibly entertaining, but it contains a lot of contemporary applied knowledge of psychology and psychoanalysis. The characters are all very involved personalities and are by no means static. I highly recommend this book to anyone with esoteric taste in literature.

j.d.salinger - 9 stories ( short stories, he's a master of short stories, my favourite are for esme with love and squalor and teddy )
gabiel garcia marquez - 100 years of solitude, love in the time of cholera

I think you should read a book you haven't read yet. One with steamy sex scenes and maybe a murder for revenge that goes wrong.

Originally Posted by adidasss
j.d.salinger - 9 stories ( short stories, he's a master of short stories, my favourite are for esme with love and squalor and teddy )
gabiel garcia marquez - 100 years of solitude, love in the time of cholera
I hated love in the time of cholera. maybe because i had to write a research paper on it but damn that book drove me nuts.

Originally Posted by sunfrog
I think you should read a book you haven't read yet. One with steamy sex scenes and maybe a murder for revenge that goes wrong.
You have just described THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO.

Do you like Dean Koontz? "Odd Thomas" was a good one.
or maybe some Laurell K. Hamilton