watch movie before you die?

Tools    

suggest top 10 movies everybody should must watch before they die .

there's a frog in my snake oil
The Ring?

that's what she said...
1. Zombieland (of course)
2. Pay it Forward
3. Taken
4. Titanic
5. Sound of Music
6. Scary Movie
7. Paranormal Activity
8. Pans Labrinth
9. Meet the Parents
10. Never Been Kissed

Off the top of my head those are the 10 movies I'd want to watch before I die (EVEN THO I'VE SEEN EVERY ONE OF THOSE DOZENS OF TIMES LOL)

no particular order!

1. forrest gump
2. titanic
3. the notebook
4. pay it forward
5. taken
6. dirty dancing (the first one!!!!)
7. 21
8. all harry potter movies!
9 all bourne movies (supremacy, ultimatum, identity)
10. All star wars movies!

I don't care that 8, 9 and 10 are more then one movie! if you don't see them you will miss out!

Can we just allow this thread to devolve into making fun of people's lists? Please?

Ok, I'll start.

Pay it Forward? It's about as good as watching a Hallmark commercial.

forrest gump
titanic
Taken
Braveheart
man on fire
patriot
something about mary
X men
Star wars
patriot

Can we just allow this thread to devolve into making fun of people's lists? Please?

Ok, I'll start.

Pay it Forward? It's about as good as watching a Hallmark commercial.
Yeah none of these, especially forrest gump, need be mentioned. The movies people need to watch are incredibly varying from someone who actually involves themselves in the world of film versus someone who likes the same stuff everyone says is a classic.

Um, my favorites list. But if we're making fun of each other, the best thing about Dirty Dancing was the popcorn I was eating.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
no particular order!

1. forrest gump
2. titanic
3. the notebook
4. pay it forward
5. taken
6. dirty dancing (the first one!!!!)
7. 21
8. all harry potter movies!
9 all bourne movies (supremacy, ultimatum, identity)
10. All star wars movies!

I don't care that 8, 9 and 10 are more then one movie! if you don't see them you will miss out!
hmmmmmmf
forrest gump
titanic
Taken
Braveheart
man on fire
patriot
something about mary
X men
Star wars
patriot
hmmmmmfff

1. Zombieland (of course)
2. Pay it Forward
3. Taken
4. Titanic
5. Sound of Music
6. Scary Movie
7. Paranormal Activity
8. Pans Labrinth
9. Meet the Parents
10. Never Been Kissed

Off the top of my head those are the 10 movies I'd want to watch before I die (EVEN THO I'VE SEEN EVERY ONE OF THOSE DOZENS OF TIMES LOL)
hmffffff

That is all.

that's what she said...
Yeah none of these, especially forrest gump, need be mentioned. The movies people need to watch are incredibly varying from someone who actually involves themselves in the world of film versus someone who likes the same stuff everyone says is a classic.
I dont think all the list named movies that EVERYONE says is a classic.
Sure Titanic and Pay it Forward and Forrest Gump are 3 movies that people always nominate as classics but those are 3 VERY GOOD movies.

But I dont think anyone ever considered Zombieland, Taken, Scary Movie, Paranormal Activity, Meet the Parents, Never been Kissed, Something about Mary, or X Men to be consisdered "Classic".

And by the way, wintertriangles (and bouncingbrick for the matter), where is your list??

(Sorry for not listing yours, mark f, hitchfan, honeykid-- as you guys listed yours after that comment )

I do, well, it's not really hate so much as is it extreme boredom. However, if you're looking for an example of Sci-Fi then 2001 is pretty much the goto film. Ditto The Searchers for Westerns and most of the films I listed.