October Movie-A-Day: Halloween / Horror Movie Club

Tools    

If anyone has suggestions on how to run this thing please jump in.
The general idea is we'll all suggest / vote on a different horror / scary / Haloween type movie to watch each day in October. We can plan a week at a time so people can get their Netflix Queue or whatever ready.

Tomorrow night is the first night so I'll start it off with:

October 1st - The Fog (1980)

Nightmare Before Christmas has to be somewhere in the list, nearer the actual 31st though.
Ug, I hate that movie. I've never understood the overwhelming love The Nightmare Before Christmas gets. It does absolutely nothing for me. My kids love it, though.

My vote goes to the most obvious, The Exorcist. Done and done.

How 'bout run it like this:
Each person makes a post (ie. Kitsch's Corner, etc) and continually updates it with the title and year of the horror movie they watched over the course of this month. I'm doing something similar on a horror movie forum. I think choosing one horror film and hoping for those who wish to participate is asking quite a lot; I've easily seen most of the titles that'll come up - many more than once - and I think that my idea above would be helpful in exposing people to a greater variety of horror films.

that's what she said...
How 'bout run it like this:
Each person makes a post (ie. Kitsch's Corner, etc) and continually updates it with the title and year of the horror movie they watched over the course of this month. I'm doing something similar on a horror movie forum. I think choosing one horror film and hoping for those who wish to participate is asking quite a lot; I've easily seen most of the titles that'll come up - many more than once - and I think that my idea above would be helpful in exposing people to a greater variety of horror films.
I just want to make sure I understand it correctly, so for example would it look like this:
post 1
Oct 1: Insidious (2011)

post 2
Oct 2: The Uninvited (2009)

like that?????????? as the post continue add the next day and stuff? Just want to make sure I dont mess this up

Ug, I hate that movie. I've never understood the overwhelming love The Nightmare Before Christmas gets. It does absolutely nothing for me. My kids love it, though.
Your children have wonderful taste.

I just want to make sure I understand it correctly, so for example would it look like this:
post 1

post 2
Oct 2: The Uninvited (2009)

like that?????????? as the post continue add the next day and stuff? Just want to make sure I dont mess this up
No, it'd all be like this.
For example:
Post 1:
"October 1st:
Insidious (2011)
Twice Dead (1988)
"
Then, on the next day, edit Post 1 and add whichever movies are watched on that day.
Post 1:
"October 1st:
Insidious (2011)
Twice Dead (1988)
October 2nd:
The Ice Cream Man (1995)"

And so on, until by the end of October, you've one long list of all the horror movies watched over the course of the month - not a bunch of smaller, daily lists in individual posts.

that's what she said...
No, it'd all be like this.
For example:
Post 1:
"October 1st:
Insidious (2011)
Twice Dead (1988)
"
Then, on the next day, edit Post 1 and add whichever movies are watched on that day.
Post 1:
"October 1st:
Insidious (2011)
Twice Dead (1988)
October 2nd:
The Ice Cream Man (1995)"

And so on, until by the end of October, you've one long list of all the horror movies watched over the course of the month - not a bunch of smaller, daily lists in individual posts.
Okay, thank you!!

I guess I mays' well play. I just wish argh.pirate had gotten back it is her(?) thread.
OCTOBER 1st:
1. Red Velvet (2008)
2. Night of the Scarecrow (1995)
3. Ice Cream Man (1995)
4. Twice Dead (1988)
5. I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses (1978)
6. Satan's Black Wedding (1980)

Yeah I was kind of going for a "we all watch the same movie (at least on the days we can) and then post a little discussion on them and then the next day move on and talk about the next movie" kind of thing. The other way we would just have a bunch of lists of horror movies and 95% of them would be duplicates.

That's why I went ahead and picked The Fog for tonight. If you've seen it already you can go ahead and discuss it now or tomorrow. I think right now we need to go ahead and set out a plan for the first week. I'll put the final picks in large, bold print with the date.

Did you watch six films in one day, Kitsch? Yeesh, and I thought I had a lot of free time...

Also, I think each person should suggest 10 movies (try to not duplicate another users post) and we'll all choose the ultimate list from those. I think Nightmare Before Christmas is a good idea for later in the month. Here's my 10:

1. The Fog
2. House on Haunted Hill
3. Universal Monsters (I cheated that's 6 movies not counting the sequels)
4. Dracula (1958 Hammer)
5. The Monster Squad
6. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
7. Friday the 13th Part 2
8. Terror in the Midnight Sun
9. The Haunting
10. Psycho

Did you watch six films in one day, Kitsch? Yeesh, and I thought I had a lot of free time...
My record is 14 - took about 20 hours and 2 minutes (more details here: http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26854). I hope to reach 11 today.

that's what she said...
Ah well, then I will check back in once somebody chooses a movie!!!!!!!
Either way, I like both ideas of either A: One movie everyone watches and disscusses or B: List the movies you watch on each day.
I'll check back in a see what you all have decided

Also, I think each person should suggest 10 movies (try to not duplicate another users post) and we'll all choose the ultimate list from those. I think Nightmare Before Christmas is a good idea for later in the month. Here's my 10:

1. The Fog
2. House on Haunted Hill
3. Universal Monsters (I cheated that's 6 movies not counting the sequels)
4. Dracula (1958 Hammer)
5. The Monster Squad
6. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
7. Friday the 13th Part 2
8. Terror in the Midnight Sun
9. The Haunting
10. Psycho
I'll go along with that, too.
1. The Sentinel (1977)
2. In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
3. The Believers (1987)
4. The Changeling (1980)
5. Phenomena (1985)
6. Dolls (1987)
7. Susupiria (1977)
8. Brain Scan (1994)
9. House of the Devil (2009)
10. Phantasm (1979)

Ah well, then I will check back in once somebody chooses a movie!!!!!!!
I chose the first movie in the original post. We're watching The Fog. Right now we're discussing the rest of week one. What are you're 10 suggestions?