Sequel to The Fly!!!

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I could really go for this, The Fly was a great movie, all of them were that I have seen (that's about 2) so hell yeah give it a shot and make a sequel, just don't do a remake!

Could we see a sequel to The Fly?

Oct 3, 2011

David Cronenberg’s remake of The Fly is one of the few great horror remakes to this date, but there was rumor a couple years ago that Cronenberg was developing a remake to his own classic with Twentieth Century Fox. Well, it turns out those rumors are true, but he states this new film will be more of a sequel than a remake. “‘The Fly’ is not exactly a remake, it’s sort of a sequel, kinda. Yeah, that was a thing. I’ve written a script of that, and I don’t know if that’s going to really happen, but that has to do with Fox,” he said to Shock Til You Drop.
There was a sequel to The Fly in 1989 (that Cronenberg wasn’t involved in), but wasn’t well-received as Cronenberg’s remake.

Bad idea.
They're just going to screw it up like they did with A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and nigh all the other recent horror remakes/sequels/prequels/reboots we've seen as of late.

Yeah, even though it was a remakes itself, I don't see them doing any favours to the memory. The sequel to Cronenberg's was awful and not seen the sequel to the Price version but can't imagine it won any awards.

Even The Thing re-do looks like it might not live up to the initial promise of being faithful and fresh

I'm probably the only person in the world who actually prefers the Vincent Price version, but this would still be a bad idea.

that's what she said...
Bad idea.
They're just going to screw it up like they did with A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and nigh all the other recent horror remakes/sequels/prequels/reboots we've seen as of late.
I agree and dissagree... the thing about the originals is they have the BEST storylines and its originality makes it so spactacular. The only thing I dissagree on is watching the originals now, the scares seem cheesy and the deaths as compaired to new aged technology arn't as realistic. In the remakes I think deaths are more realistic and the better technology makes the film quality better, but now that its a remake of the same killer/setting/plot it lacks originality which doesn't make it add up to the original.

It's hard for me to explain what I'm trying to say but I'm just trying to say that there are things I love about both the original and remake. lol

I agree and dissagree... the thing about the originals is they have the BEST storylines and its originality makes it so spactacular. The only thing I dissagree on is watching the originals now, the scares seem cheesy and the deaths as compaired to new aged technology arn't as realistic. In the remakes I think deaths are more realistic and the better technology makes the film quality better, but now that its a remake of the same killer/setting/plot it lacks originality which doesn't make it add up to the original.

It's hard for me to explain what I'm trying to say but I'm just trying to say that there are things I love about both the original and remake. lol
Cheesy or not, i'll take prosthetics over CGI. Any. Day.

Even The Thing re-do looks like it might not live up to the initial promise of being faithful and fresh
I like the use of the word "even". Yes, because The Thing prequel/sequel/reboot was the standard bearer of quality.

I see it in the opposite light. I relish in the deaths of the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th movies, but found the remakes to be too cheesy for my tastes.

I like the use of the word "even". Yes, because The Thing prequel/sequel/reboot was the standard bearer of quality.
Well, I had high hopes and i'd seen a lot of positive buzz. They seemed to respect the original enough, based on interviews and the concept to an extent, to deliver what should have been a good throwback to inventive special effects.

Bad idea.

I agree completely. Not only that but the point of a remake from a studios perspective is to tap into a already developed audience. Some of these remakes are so old that the audience is gone. You might as well come up with something brand new. (not talking about Nightmare. That was just a screw up.)

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Fly sequel is sqaushed

Nov 22, 2011

There’s been some talk about David Cronenberg wanting to make another Fly film with Twentieth Century Fox. The film was intended to be a remake, but would be more of a sequel. Well, it really doesn’t matter anymore as Cronenberg revealed to The Playlist the film isn’t happening. “I wrote a script and at the moment Fox is not wanting to do the project,” he said. This could be seen as both good and bad news. It’s good as the film would most likely never live up to the previous remake, but bad in the sense that another studio could pick up the film. Platinum Dunes has been keen on remaking horror classics recently, and they could pick up this property.