Alien & Blade Runner TV Series's's

Tools    

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...edgdhp&pc=U531

Confirmed...
Ridley Scott is working on both Alien and Blade Runner as TV series's's.

"We're presenting Blade Runner as a TV show, which will probably be 10 hours. Alien is a similar thing. Alien is now being written for pilot, but you also have to write out the history. If it's eight hours or 10 hours, you have to write out the bible of what happens in those 10 hours."
Ugh.

In a world where they killed Altered Carbon is the same world I welcome this news.

I’d still rather have AC tho
I just don't get where the new talent is hiding.

Nothing new coming out for 15 odd years... just remakes and sequels, and prequels.
Or reboots.
Or full on remakes.
Or remakes that are packaged as sequels.

I look back at the 60s, 70s, 80s, even the 1990s, and they're packed with originality and creativity... but since maybe 2005, with exception to only a couple movies, there's been nothing that would considered a future classic.
And there's definitely nothing in the last 5 years I'd consider future classic.
Ok, CoVid halted a lot of stuff in 2020, but you can't blame it for the industry being devoid of anything decent between 2005 and 2020.
---

On the subject though of BR and Alien...
They got lucky with BR:2049 and I get the distinct impression it was because of Villeneuve being in charge, rather than Ridley Scott who was only involved as an executive producer.

Look what Scott did to Alien already with Prometheus and Covenant... now he's back forerunning Blade Runner again.

Just want to elaborate on my post above ^^ about Scott as I sounded a little harsh...

When he's good, he's great... when he's not, he's forgettable.

He's probably the most inconsistent director.
He either makes a classic... or complete bilge.

You ready? You look ready.
He's probably the most inconsistent director.
He either makes a classic... or complete bilge.
I liked Robin Hood so I’m probably not the best judge on this front