Last great Foreign Film you saw

Tools    

Gotta go with Mother, your picks?

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
Medianeras, an argentine independent movie, thought it was amazing!

&feature=related

The Artist, and two of my other favorites from earlier this year are Incendies and Even the Rain.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The World's Smallest Violin
Trollhunter

Also, The Chaser was really good, alot of south korean films i watched lately have been fantastic.

Dead Snow

I saw the Italian film named Cinema Paradiso which is really good movie to watch. You will get idea about the Italian culture and the lifestyle in the movie. This is Oscar winning movie must watch for everyone.

Akira Kurosawa's "High and Low" and "The Bad Sleep Well".
Two classics from one of the greatest filmmaker of all time.

amerros perros - won best foreign film award! - (mexican film)
In english - love's a bitch

I like "in a better world" which won this years OSCAR for best foreign movie. The twoDanish boys who acted difficult parts were excellent

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Tough to remember exactly what foreign films I ve watched recently. A safe bet would be "13 Assassins".

Don't like the foreign tag. International would feel more appropriate. I guess it's Pusher 2 for me. Adored it.

International includes domestic...so foreign is appropriate.

I feel like pulling a Holden and doing a feature on the Detroit Film Theater's upcoming season but that would be expensive...we'll see. Andrei Rubilev, Le Havre, The Mill and the Cross, a Moscow Swan Lake ballet, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, soooooo many good choices.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
In the last month?

Lola (1961)
The Young Girls of Rochefort
Mississippi Mermaid
Belle de Jour
Viridiana
Sansho the Bailiff
A Town Called Panic
Diary of a Chambermaid (1964)

Yep, I've been on a Bunuel and Deneuve kick. I also watched Repulsion and Hustle.

BUNUEL!!!! The Detroit museum showed a double feature of two of his lesser known stuff from his Mexico era, still great. Where the hell did you find Diary of a Chambermaid?

Also yay on Sansho.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Which Bunuel? I saw almost all of Bunuel's '50s output by renting VHS tapes from Tower Records in the 1990s.

I rented Diary of a Chambermaid from Blockbuster.com.

Sansho the Bailiff was a spiritual film and got very powerful at the end. It reminded a bit of Ugetsu, but I need to rewatch that one. Now, let me ask this. What do you think of the "character" Sansho? Pretty enigmatic, huh?

Criterion has the Diary of a chambermaid, if im not wrong.
Yeah but it's one of the more expensive out-of-prints from what I remember. Didn't think Blockbuster would carry that either.
Which Bunuel? I saw almost all of Bunuel's '50s output by renting VHS tapes from Tower Records in the 1990s.
They were Mexican Bus Ride and Illusion Travels by Streetcar