Upcoming movies being shown on TV

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Ok, whenever I see a good movie showing on TV I will post the info here, feel free to post your own.

(all times I post are in central time zone.)
(all plots I post are from IMDB)

Name: The Apartment (1960)

Plot: Bud Baxter is a struggling clerk in a huge New York insurance company. He's discovered a quick way to climb the corporate ladder - by lending out his apartment to the executives as a place to take their mistresses. He often has to deal with the aftermath of their visits and one night he's left with a major problem to solve.

Starring: Jack Lemmon and Shirley McClane

Channel: Turner Classic Movies (DirecTV channel 256)

Time: 2:45, 2/12/08

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Name: X-men (2000)

Plot: Based off of the comic book. The time is the near future. There is a rift between normal humans and mutants. These mutants have gifts, these gifts can give them supernatural powers. Professor Charles Xavier has established a school where mutants can feel accepted and can learn to control their gifts. One day, a young girl calling herself "Rougue" runs away from home when she discovers her mutant gift. Then, she met a loner named Logan, then they were attacked by a group of mutants and were discovered by some of Proffessor X's students. They found out that the mutants that attacked them were a part of another mutant organization lead by "Magneto". Magneto believes that this dispute between humans and mutants will escalate into an all out war. He has also built a device that will unnaturally mutates humans. Now, Professor X's students must use their powers to stop Magneto, before it is too late.

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Anna Paquin

Channel: FX (DirecTV channel 248)

Time: 7:00, 2/12/08

Name : Father of the Children.

Plot : Mia Hansen-Løve

Starring : Louis-Do de Lencquesaing,Chiara Caselli,Alice de Lencquesaing,Alice Gautier,Manelle Driss

Channel : FX (DirecTV channel 248)

For those in the UK, with access to BBC 4, I just thought I'd give you a heads up to say that "Anvil!" is on tonight at 10pm. I've yet to see it myself, but most people who've seen it over the last two years seem to be very positive about it.

50 minutes until The Dammed United on BBC2. It's followed by the documentary "Brian Clough: The Greatest Manager England Never Had"

Also, 10:45pm on BBC1 is Enigma. Out Of Sight is on ITV at 10:45pm and Five has THe Wedding Singer starting in 20 minutes, followed by Not Another Teen Movie.

Day Of The Dead starts in about 50 minutes on BBC2.
Four Months, Three Weeks And Nine Days is on C4 Sunday at 1am.
Stand By Me is on Five, Sunday 2:45pm (which I know some of you like) and it's followed by The Aristocats and The Dirty Dozen.
Murder in The First is on ITV3, 9pm on Sunday.
Unforgiven on ITV4 at 11:45pm Sunday.

Saturday 5pm on Five, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. Over on C4, there's Into The Wild at 11:15pm, followed by Far North at 1:55am.

On FilmFour there's the remake of Assault On Precinct 13 (which isn't that bad) at 9pm, that's followed the The Descent at 11:05pm and then The Marathon Man at 1am.

Those wanting to get that Christmas feeling a little early can watch Deck The Halls on C4 at 5:50pm. Five has Ghostbusters II at 6:55pm, Speed's on after that at 9pm. Finally, on BBC2 at 11:30pm is one of my favourite films, JFK.

Twins Of Evil is about to start on BBC1.

Saturday 2:05pm on BBC2 is Waterloo. But if you want something more family orientated, Fly Away Home is on Five at 2:35pm. 2:50pm on ITV is The Corpse Bride, though why you'd want to watch that is beyond me. 9:30pm on C4 is Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street. Sondheim and Burton? BBC 2 at 11pm there's Youth Without Youth and that's followed at 1am (Sunday) with Night Of The Demon. C4 at 1:30am (Sunday) is the modern classic that is Downfall, which if you haven't seen, I strongly recommend.

Elsewhere on your freeview box, there's OSS 117: Cairo, Nest Of Spies on BBC4 at 9pm.

Sunday, 2:25pm Gattaca is showing on Five as is Beuwulf at 9pm. The hugely overrated In Bruges is on FilmFour at 9pm (overrated, but better than Beuwulf, surely?) and is followed by the Oscar winning short, Six Shooter, at 11:50pm. After that is my favourite Alien film, Alien 3 and for the festival crowd, there's All Tomorrow's Parties, at 2am (Monday.)

If, however, you can get TCM I advise you sit and stay there Sunday night, as they're showing Se7en, at 9pm, followed by The Exorcist, at 11:30pm.

Those of you with Sky Arts 1 can watch the original version of Insomnia (which I recommend you do) at 10pm.

For those of you with Freeview, there's the Korean psychological thriller, The Chaser.

The monday afternoon film on C4 is The Ghosts Of Berkeley Square. While, on FilmFour there How To Steal A Million, at 2:30pm, for the Audrey Hepburn fans out there. Much later on FilmFour, for those of you who'd like to tick a film off their lists, there's Sergio Leone's Once Upon A Time In The West, but you'll have to stay up or set the recorder, as it starts at 12:20am. While fans of anime will have to stay up even later if they want to watch the Studio Ghibli classic Porco Rosso, which starts at 3:30am.

NBC's annual airings of Frank Capra's holiday classic It's a Wonderful Life, for those of you without a copy of your own.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 @ 8/7pm C
Friday, December 24, 2010 @ 8/7pm C

Capra films playing on Turner Classic Movies for December 2010:

Monday, December 13, 2010 @ 12pm/11am C - Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 @ 12pm/11am C - The Bitter Tea of General Yen

Frank Capra/Gary Cooper Double Feature - Saturday, December 18, 2010
Meet John Doe @ 8/7pm C, followed by Mr. Deeds Goes to Town @ 10:15/9:15pm C

Monday, December 20, 2010 @ 6:45/5:45am C - A Hole in the Head

Friday, December 31, 2010 @ 1:45/12:45pm C - Arsenic and Old Lace

Only one Capra film currently scheduled on TCM for January 2011:

Sunday, January 23, 2011 @ 10/9pm C - Lost Horizon

I hate watching movies on regular tv with commercials. They always clip the fun parts!

Our own GP would be telling you to watch The Beach, which is on Channel 4 at 10:40pm and, as I like him, so will I.

However, on E4 at 11:05pm, is Showgirls, which I'd definately recommend watching.

11:45pm on FilmFour there's gory horror in the form of Saw IV.

Stay up, though, as at 1:05am on BBC2 they're showing Gilda.

11:55am on Five is Cats & Dogs, which I love.

If you're in the mood for a disaster film around 2:50pm, turn to Channel 4 where Volcano is showing.

Classic film alert! FilmFour at 5pm it's The Bad And The Beautiful. However, if you'd rather be watching an action movie, then Five's the place for you because, at 5:20pm, it's Force 10 From Naverone. While the Christmas spirit is starting on Channel 4 at 5:40pm in the form of Elf.

7:30pm BBC4 is a must see for those with an interest in Shakespeare, as they're showing Rupert Goold's production of Macbeth, starring Patrick Stewart as Macbeth. *However, if you do this, make sure you record the last part of Any Human Heart.*

11pm on ITV is Music & Lyrics, which I of course recommend.

Lastly, 11:10pm on Sunday night, FilmFour's showing Mask which, I have to admit, is better than Music & Lyrics even though Drew's not in it.

However, if you want to set your recorder (or stay up really late) FilmFour's showing Kontroll, after Mask, at 1:30am.

Our own GP would be telling you to watch The Beach, which is on Channel 4 at 10:40pm and, as I like him, so will I.
Yes!!... Those who haven't seen it, please watch.

FilmFour's showing Kontroll, after Mask, at 1:30am.
Watch it.. I highly recommend it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
In Australia, City Of God is on at 10:30pm on SBS. 12/11/10.

Tuesday
Battleground, FilmFour, 4:45pm.

Wednesday
Zatôichi, FilmFour, 1:30am
Falling Down, ITV1, 10:35pm
Election, FilmFour, 11:20pm

Thursday
Miller's Crossing, FilmFour, 1:20am
The Magnificent Seven, FilmFour, 2:30pm
Into The Wild, FilmFour, 9pm

I don't know if anyone (who'd be interested) will see this in time but, in 45 minutes on BBC2 they're showing Believe: The Eddie Izzard Story. That's followed by The Drowning Pool at 12:15am.

Although I've not seen it, on BBC4 at 1:45am is Blame It On Fidel, which I thought sounded quite interesting.

For those with Sky Arts 1, in 10 minutes there's Zombie Girl: The Movie, about 12 year old Emily Hagins directing her zombie movie. Yep. 12 years old.

While at 1:15am there Obscene: Portrait Of Barney Rosset & Grove Press, about the publishing of Lady Chatterley's Lover and the publishers decision to have its obscenity ban overruled.

1am on TCM is the thriller, The Little Girl Who Lived Down The Lane, with Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen.

As Christmas is over, I'll go back to posting the weekend's movies (that are worth watching) here. Two films this weekend that are on the lists. TBH, I've only included them because they are and it might interest someone who's yet to see them. I've also included a couple of films that are on channels that aren't on Freeview because, well, because they're Res Dogs and South Park.

Saturday
The Naked Spur - Five, 11:30am LIST
Steel Magnolias - Five, 3:20pm
633 Squadron - ITV4, 5pm
The Devil Wears Prada - Channel 4, 8pm
The Terminator - BBC3, 9:45pm
Reservoir Dogs - Five USA, 10pm
South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut - Fiver, 10pm
Full Metal Jacket - ITV4, 10:05pm LIST

Sunday
Logans Run - Five, 4:45pm
Lifeboat - FilmFour, 3pm
Twister - ITV2, 6:45pm
Among Giants - BBC4, 9pm
Collateral - FilmFour, 9pm
The Bourne Identity - ITV2, 10pm
American History X - ITV4, 11pm
The Truth About Cats & Dogs - FilmFour, 11:15pm

Monday
Needful Things - BBC1, 12:15am
The Days Of Wine And Roses - BBC2, 1am

Thanks for that Hon. Le Diner de Cons is on BBC4 on Sunday at 10.30pm too, the original to the recent US remake Dinner for Schmucks.
Goodbye Solo (BBC2 tonight at 11.45) gets good reviews too.

Yes, I was in two minds about Le Diner de Cons as, although it gets quite well reviewed, I've not seen it. There again, I've not seen The Days Of Wine And Roses either, so I probably should've included it.