Eight Crazy Nights
Batman Returns

Home Alone

Scrooge - 1970
A Muppet Christmas Carol
The Grinch
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Love, Actually

When I was a kid I couldn't go to sleep on Christmas Eve until I had watched A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS and WHITE CHRISTMAS. Now, nether is rarely shown on regular network television on Xmas Eve, but thanks to technology, this is no loner an issue.

One Magic Christmas (1985)

When you see a man sitting in a tree talking to the moon, you figure he needs professional help, unless he's an angel or Homer Van Meter or Harry Dean Stanton.

chaq686
Home Alone 1 and 2.

Home Alone easily.

Sure, I'm watchin' all kinds of movies during the Christmas season but when I think of Christmas movies I think of animated oldies.

Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer.
A Year Without Santa Claus.
A Charlie Brown Christmas
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Lord High Filmquisitor
Among my favorites are...

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Short, a little preachy, but ultimately spot-on

A Christmas Carol (1999) - my favorite adaptation of the story

A Christmas Story - perhaps a bit overrated (but only compared to its competition)

Christmas Vacation - the second funniest movie that I ever watched

Die Hard - It counts

Home Alone - A really fun movie with well-executed humor

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) - Nothing says Christmas quite like Boris Karloff

It's a Wonderful Life - Like Stephen King, it takes a simple enough story and tells it in the slowest way possible. Still, the acting and direction is really top-notch.

A Miracle on 34th Street (1947) - especially for the trial, which was so well-done

The Polar Express - While I find it to be the weakest on this list, it still is worth mentioning

Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer - I especially love the Island of the Misfit Toys

Santa Claus: The Movie - nothing beats exploding candy canes!

Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Another stop-motion Christmas classic

The Santa Clause - An incredibly well-made, modern-day Santa origin story

White Christmas - While a little too "1950's / 1960's Musical" for my taste (dancing superceding the singing in music numbers), it's the best of the bunch (ie, 1950's / 1960's musicals)

The Year Without a Santa Claus - The music was especially good.

Also, I greatly dislike Elf (except for the bit about the employment opportunities of being an elf) and I consider The Nightmare Before Christmas to be a Thanksgiving movie (too Christmas for Halloween; too Halloween for Christmas; ultimately splitting the difference between those two holidays, which puts it in November).

Honorable mention: Jack Frost (1997) - because nothing says Christmas like a killer Snowman.

Santa Clause: The Movie
Scrooged
Home Alone
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Miracle on 34th Street
The Snowman (animated, 1982)
Its a wonderful life
Gremlins
Trading Places

Lord High Filmquisitor
I can't believe that I forgot about Gremlins! Good call on that and Trading Places.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Unmentioned (recently) favorites:

Remember the Night
The Man Who Came to Dinner
The Bishop's Wife
Joyeux Noel
A Midnight Clear

The Grinch, I loved every minute of it. It comes on every Christmas and I get all invested as if its the first time I am watching it- done it since a kid. Also home alone is on my list too

I grew up watching Jesus of Nazareth (Spanish version) on Telemundo lol they like to play it every year, and every year I would watch it, I'm not super religious or anything but it was really the only Christmas movie I have seen until my bf introduced me to A Christmas Story.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I hate Christmas movies as a whole , but 2 I find tolerable are A Christmas Story and Die Hard (not really an xmas movie, but its so darned good)...