The Greatest of Film: Movie awards. Vote your fav now!

Tools    

"Very unorthadox awards"

Best Phycotic Rant.
Jack Nicolson: The shinning
Brad Pitt: Fight Club
Deniro: Men of honer
Wonka: Willy Wonka and the Chokolate factory

Best Kiss (i Know I know....)
Tom Hanks-Helen Hunt: Cast Away
Dicaprio-French Chick: The beach
Indiana Jones-Whoever: Any Indy movie.

Best Fight scene
Jackie Chan- other Guy: Drunken Master
Jet Li -Comander Guy: Fist of Legend
Darth Maul-obi and qui gon: Episode one.
Tom Cruise-The bad guy: MI:2

Best Action sequence
Lobby scene: Matrix
Whole end of movie: MI:2
The whole beggining of the movie: Golden eye

Best dramatic removal of a mask
excape with cimera: MI:2
Excape from near capture: Behind enemy lines
My name is maximus: Gladiator
As you wish!: The princess bride.

Best actor
Jack nicolson
Gary oldman
Al Pacino
Tom hanks

Best movie
Fight Club
The Shawshank redemption
As Good as it gets
Saving Private ryan
Braveheart

I'm aware that many who read this will totally dis-agree w/ my nominations, but please just pick your favs, or bitch me out. thanks

What is this, the MTV Movie Awards, MoFo style?

Best Psychotic Rant:
1. The Caine Mutiny (1954 - Ed Dmytryk)
Bogart and the little steel balls on trial
2. Carnal Knowledge (1971 - Mike Nichols)
Jack Nicholson to Ann-Margret
3. Little Big Man (1970 - Arthur Penn)
Richard Mulligan, Custer's last stand

Best Kiss:
1. Notorious (1945 - Alfred Hitchcock)
Ingrid Bergman & Cary Grant
2. Don't Look Now (1973 - Nicolas Roeg)
Julie Christie & Donald Sutherland
3. BladeRunner (1982 - Ridley Scott)
Rutger Hauer & Joe Turkel

Best Fight Scene:
1. Raging Bull (1980 - Scorsese)
Jake LaMotta vs. Sugar Ray Robinson, second fight
2. Torn Curtain (1966 - Alfred Hitchcock)
Newman and would-be assassin in the kitchen
3. Women in Love (1969 - Ken Russell)
Alan Bates and Oliver Reed wrasslin' in front of the fireplace

Best Action Sequence:
1. Ben-Hur (1959 - William Wyler)
the chariot race
2. Chimes at Midnight (1966 - Orson Welles)
THE battle
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 - Spielberg)
the truck chase

Best Dramatic Removal of a Mask (???):
1. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971 - Robert Fuest)
2. The Wicker Man (1973 - Robin Hardy)
3. Eyes Wide Shut (1999 - Kubrick)

Best Actor (overall career, no particular role?):
1. Alec Guinness
2. Cary Grant
3. Robert DeNiro

Best Movie (ever?):
1. Chinatown (1974 - Roman Polanski)
2. Lawrence of Arabia (1962 - David Lean)
3. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964 - Stanley Kubrick)

Or was I supposed to vote on your choices?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You sure do like them 60's and 70's. Us young MTV folk aint use to that I darn tootin reckon!

I reckon that as well sir.
It's cool to see you have your own nominations but I intended you to vote on the ones already listed. thanks.

Originally posted by tyler
It's cool to see you have your own nominations but I intended you to vote on the ones already listed. thanks.
That's pretty ridiculous, considering almost no one would choose the same nominees as you have.

Originally posted by TWTCommish

That's pretty ridiculous, considering almost no one would choose the same nominees as you have.
Oh sorry sir. But I do believe your nominations were ****. Look, go ahead and post your nominations if you want, or pick your favs from mine. I don't matter. These were just some of my quirky little favs from movies: hense "Best phycotic rant".
And by the way: Deniro sucks he always plays the same tough as$ mobster, with 0 deapth. Your best action sequences and fight scenes are simply nullifying. And please do not put Chinatown Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Strangelove in the same category as Saving Private ryan or the shawshank redemption.
No offense dude.

It was "Holden Pike" who posted those nominations...not me. Way to pay attention...says a bit about how flippantly you treat people, and their opinions, IMO.

Considering the source, no offense taken, Dude.

As Commish already corrected, you should really read more carefully. It was me, Holden Pike, who submitted his own list, and TWT Commish - who runs this site BTW, who told you your intention was "pretty ridiculous".

I happen to agree with him, but those weren't my words you were quoting, yet it was then my list you were "bitching me out" over.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hmmm, hey, wouldn't this thread do better in the Awards section??? Moving it there now.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Way to use that thesaurus TWT! But I believe that the belligerence you feel I'm sending you is simply my contentious attitude about movies coming through. Look, people, friends, I mean no harm. Nor any offense. Sorry if any offense is taken, and I hope we can all get along like good kids, in the future.
Have a good day, and a nice New Year.

I didn't use a Thesaurus...and I know using that word sounds arrogant, but it's not meant that way. It's just a very useful word. And yes, I'm sure there are no hard feelings.

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh! This is the Tyler from MV...I get it now...

Originally posted by sadesdrk
Oh! This is the Tyler from MV...I get it now...
No, I seriously doubt it. This is almost definitely a different guy...though I don't blame you for coming to that conclusion. I thought so at first, too.

Now With Moveable Parts
Really? Sounds like you two were old sparring partners...guess not. Guess it's just YOU being your "Leo-Snooty", self, T.

Naw, don't know this Tyler. The other Tyler and I have exchanged verbal blows before, though...and we no doubt will continue to do so...at least until the day he retracts those ridiculous comments he made about my web development abilities. Until that day, however, he'll always get on my nerves, most likely.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Naw, don't know this Tyler. The other Tyler and I have exchanged verbal blows before, though...and we no doubt will continue to do so...at least until the day he retracts those ridiculous comments he made about my web development abilities. Until that day, however, he'll always get on my nerves, most likely.
Arguing online is like competing at the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. So lets all get along folks. Happy new year!

a valid point no less.

And by the way: Deniro sucks he always plays the same tough as$ mobster, with 0 deapth.
Than why did you put Deniro in your votes I don't get it??

Best Phycotic Rant.
Jack Nicolson: The shinning
Brad Pitt: Fight Club
Deniro: Men of honer
Wonka: Willy Wonka and the Chokolate factory
I'm not trying to start an argument but I don't get you telling Mr.Pike that he should put deniro in his list of votes but you can that doesn't make sense bud.

Oh sorry sir. But I do believe your nominations were ****. Look, go ahead and post your nominations if you want, or pick your favs from mine. I don't matter. These were just some of my quirky little favs from movies: hense "Best phycotic rant".
And by the way: Deniro sucks he always plays the same tough as$ mobster, with 0 deapth. Your best action sequences and fight scenes are simply nullifying. And please do not put Chinatown Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Strangelove in the same category as Saving Private ryan or the shawshank redemption.
No offense dude.
LOL! So, let me get this straight - Mission Impossible 2 and Behind Enemy Lines are worthy of awards, and Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Strangelove aren't? You seem to be quite a cineaste. A regular film buff. If I had to bet money, I'd say you hadn't seen half the movies Holden posted - but hey, I'm letting my own personal opinion get involved...Wouldn't want that to happen!

Hmm....How many De Niro movies have you seen?

How are those action and fight scenes "nullifying"?

Also, I don't get it - are you saying that Saving Private Ryan is a better movie than Dr. Strangelove, Lawrence of Arabia, or Chinatown?

I'm just trying to see where you're coming from.

No offense dude.