Submit Your
2000s
List
The deadline for the Top Films of the 2000s list is days away! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

wanabe movie critique
Saturday Fiction

Tom hanks son never seen him again
What do you mean? Heís been in loads of good things.

⬆️ I know I’ve seen this, but can’t remember a single scene. Who other than Sheen could play Blair?

VFW (2019)

Nope, do not like it at all. Same colours as Mandy, but so boring.

⬆️ I know Iíve seen this, but canít remember a single scene. Who other than Sheen could play Blair?
Itís very good, but The Deal (2003) is better-known and even better. I so love all of them. And agreed, Sheen is a better Blair than Blair. The Deal has a scene where he comes into the office he would share with Brown and says, ďIím Tony!Ē with psychopathic positivity. One of my favourite scenes ever.

Watched some rubbish about murdered models, conveniently entitled ďKidnapped ModelĒ, so need a palate cleanser.

The red is absolutely divine. This might be my new favourite still.

@Agrippina X, love Cries & Whispers. Only a few Bergman movies I don’t like.

Have you seen Certain Women above? Such a good movie.

@Agrippina X, love Cries & Whispers. Only a few Bergman movies I donít like.

Have you seen Certain Women above? Such a good movie.
I love most of Bergman too. My most consistent favourite is Persona. I havenít seen the above yet, but immediately noticed a new Laura Dern film once it was posted here and added to watch list. Good to know it comes recommended.

Atm, itís this.

In the very least, this is fairly original.

I love most of Bergman too. My most consistent favourite is Persona. I havenít seen the above yet, but immediately noticed a new Laura Dern film once it was posted here and added to watch list. Good to know it comes recommended.
Persona is totally my fave though my first intro to Bergman was Wild Strawberries, which I loved.

NY Times just excoriated House of Gucci. Not in a mean way, some of it made me laugh, and I will still watch it. I kinda thought the movie would be OTT. Pacino & Irons as brothers, how can that be?

Persona is totally my fave though my first intro to Bergman was Wild Strawberries, which I loved.

NY Times just excoriated House of Gucci. Not in a mean way, some of it made me laugh, and I will still watch it. I kinda thought the movie would be OTT. Pacino & Irons as brothers, how can that be?
Ha, oh shame! But then Iím also meant to be seeing it tomorrow and might not make it time-wise, now my mind is much more at peace. Very good point re: Pacino and Irons, the mind boggles. My favourite criticism of Hereditary, which I love, was that Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne inexplicably end up with a Middle Eastern-looking child.

I need to rewatch Wild Strawberries.